Wednesday, November 7, 2012

momma needs a beach

Not sure why, but blogging has lost it's appeal, or maybe, I've lost time. I need 34 hour days most days. Here is what has gone down. Girls started a new school since we moved. It is a great school, but a hard change, for me, not them, because I hate change, hate it. Brookelyn started 3rd grade and Ashlee is in Kindergarten. At the end of the 1st six weeks, Miss A.M was awarded at a special breakfast for the core value 'responsibility'. Brookelyn at her old school got to do this too. It is a very sweet honor, and I'm so proud of my girls. Honestly, I can't help but wonder if Ashlee simply lives in fear of pissing her teacher off. I really had luke warm feelings in the beginning. I wanted a teacher that was going to tell me how precious my child is and hug on her. However, I've heard that this teacher's classes are always the most well behaved. So, you do the math. And this momma bear had to grow up a little bit. We have celebrated 3 bdays- Anderson turned two on sept 3, Brookelyn 9 on Oct 4, Ashlee yesterday, nov 6, turned 6. I had a hysterectomy, got to keep the ovaries, phew. I had been in pain for so long I wasn't sure I'd know how to live w/o it. Most people in my inner circle knew about this private hell, but otherwise I kept my mouth shut b/c I'm not a woe is me person. Oh, please feel sorry for me, I'm living on the couch in uterine pain, contemplating driving to the ER- my life for so long. So I went to my gyno who delivered my babies and cried on the table begging her to take the uterus out. She had been telling me for a couple of years she thought I had adenmyosis - which I'm sure I spelled wrong. Basically it isn't endometriosis but a uterus w/ polyps and lets face it, just a piece of crap uterus. She took my cervix for the heck of it I guess. She said she likes to take them b/c then I never have to worry about cervical cancer. Okey dokey, it wasn't serving a purpose so I said sure take it, bronze it, I don't care. I stayed 2 nights in the hosp and then my aunt cindy and grandma ruth came for 10 days to help me here at home. Michael had some recent medical crap too, that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want me blogging about. Just know it was hell. We will know if a full recovery is in process soon. Apparently he can heal wrong and need surgery. If you knew what we'd been through w/ the 2 in office procedures, you'd start your prayin now that he doesn't require surgery. And now here I sit recovering from Bronchitis and a stomach bug, both thanks to Anderson. I'm scared to death to eat b/c I'm feeling better and want to continue to do so. I was so sick yesterday and it was Ashlee's bday that Jessica had to go have lunch w/ Ashlee. I couldn't bare the idea of someone not going. It was the thing she was most excited about- eating at the special round tables and having a happy meal. This also meant I couldn't vote. First time ever I haven't done so. I guess next year I'll do early voting. But to be honest, I wasn't fired up. I checked out of this crappy election junk. People are so hateful and insane and I refuse to become like that. If you think living in America is so scary w/ current president, go live a day in a 3rd world country. You'll come screaming 'ooooobbbbaaaammmmaaa i love you' I kept trying not to care about either party, but something deep inside kept pushing me away from Romney. I like his wife, but him, no so likable. But I understand Republicans who support him. I just want them to understand why it is hard for me to turn a blind eye to my past. I want to be an uppity Republican with my ignorant remarks, but at the end of the day, I'm humble, I've been too poor, and was raised way open minded. I can't hate gay people, its ridiculous. I can't judge others. I have empathy ocean deep. Need I remind you our best man at our wedding is a gay buddhist. Love him to pieces. But the election wasn't about Candice's love for gay people, womens rights to choose, and people of all religions. It was a circus, like always, so I checked out. I also don't feel so bad about not voting b/c Texas did it for me, my vote wasn't going to matter. On top of that, neither candidate has me in mind. I better be poor poor or rich rich to care too much. Regardless - whoever won, would still have respect, no matter which way it went. I would tell my children that he has the hardest job in the world and that whoever is in office I truly believe, does their best for us, and deserves our respect. I'm trying to work a little bit again, mainly to get out of house and have some me time. I like the work I do. I never quitted, but obviously due to medical junk I had to check out for a while. I'll give it a good go and if I can't juggle it, then I'll close the chapter. However, someday, Anderson will be in school and I will want a job I can go to. Its good for extra $$. This time of year I start stressing about Christmas but I'm so excited to decorate a new house for Christmas! We threw away our old tree and I get to get a new fake one. Even Michael is helping me search and convinced me NOT to get a pre-lit b/c we can have it forever and never have to worry about partial or full light issues. I'm considering ordering it now and will I be able to hold off until day after Thanksgiving to not rip into the box and set it up? I'm a freak and this is the stuff us moms think about in our 'down' time. Both girls are in cheer still. Not sure if they are going to stick with it next year. We've been doing it for years. I enjoy it but its about them. Brookelyn cried when she put on her new uniform b/c her entire belly shows. I don't love the belly showing either, but it IS a very cute uniform, just wish she wasn't so self conscious. This uniform alone may be the reason she quits next season. However, she wants to keep her tumbling skills up. So, I don't know what will happen next year. It would be great to see them stick with it for the long haul. Brookelyn amazes me with tumbling and limber,flawless moves. I am not sure what they would do instead of cheer. How crazy am I for acting like it is the only sport? Well I said it, so I'm admitting I'm crazy. I keep finding myself watching this Disney show, or movie, with Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. What is this movie, it is sucking me in. Now I know I'm still sick. I think it is all taking place at a camp. I could walk 2 feet over to the remote on the ground and click on info. BTW, lovin Britney and Demi Lovato on the X factor and loving the Voice- Blake Shelton cracks me up. I love him!!! I never really cared for Christina A. but shes kinda grownin on me. No one compares to my sweet Britney. I can't stop lovin her! As for American Idol, I'm afraid to watch, b/c I've already heard that Mariah and Niki are having words and I am just not sure I'm ready for this train wreck. I've been a long time fan of Mariah so if I have to take sides, I'll take hers. This might go down in history as the most boring blog ever. Sigh.......the sicknesses and procedures have sucked the life out of this girl. But, I'm still totally smiling AND I almost know all the words to Taylor Swifts we are never ever getting back together. my favorite part is blaring it and singin it to the kids and the top of my lungs in the car. Even Anderson knows the words. We laugh at each other and do it over and over. xoxo