Let's get this blog partay started. Quote from my Grandma in Ohio "Your blog was pretty long but it caught me up on how you are doing and how great you are" actually that isn't where the quote ends, it is really "...how great you are with your family" but I sorta like to leave it at "how great you are." period. the end. In the subject line of her email was "read your blog". I instantly thought OH CRAP, what have I written about. I'm so inappropriate there is no telling what she read. Good thing she knows to take me with a case of salt, like the kind they sell at Sam's. And, believe me - she probably has bought it like that from that very place. Wholesale buyin lovin freak (where do you think I got it from).
She also reminded me of the summer back in 81 when we had super hot Texas summer, that she had to drive to nursing school w/ NO AC. So, it's official, I'll stop complaining. That woman is a PIONEER. She was taking care of ME as a baby, I was about Anderson's age. My mom would waitress at night when Grandma could watch me and study. We lived in the trailer my mother and biological father had purchased. Dang, if only she could've hung on to it, I would have inherited it in 1997, a paid off single wide. Do you know what I could do w/ the money I spend on my very mediocre house each month? Well, at the very least, I'd have the most decorated, decked out trailer in the park. We'd be so uppity, my kids carrying LV backpacks to school.
Derailing here....
So, that Grandma, goes to school full time, sleepin in my nursery, and driving w/ NO AC-- all this after also being left by my Grandpa. What is a woman to do, who was busy having babies in the 1950s? Where does one work? What do you put on the application under 'skills'....."I cook a mean roast. I iron towels like they belong to the President. I can match my daughters' Sunday school dresses w/ the perfect patten leather mary janes, actually I made those dresses bio#$hes. I can vacuum in heals."
Couldn't resist that last one.
So, she got a nursing degree. Amazing amazing woman. She has always inspired me. I couldn't NOT go to school. I had everything I needed, I had no excuses and good LORD if she could do it in those conditions, I could do it in posh condition. Yes posh.I didn't have to pay a cent for my education and didn't have to write a rent check until I got married. I am blessed. *disclaimer- I did pull some student loans for living expenses and the final two years grants didn't cover entire tuition. Who cares, so worth it.
My crazy daughter Ashlee started rapping her nightly prayers. Michael texts me, "get in here, you gotta hear Ashlee rap her prayers". I climb on the bed and the girl is doing here hands like she is scratching records in da club. Oh yes, I got it on video. Video to come on the video blog www.3candycorns.blogspot.com then she made up a rap, total freestyle about Anderson being in bed. "Anderson's in his bed WHAT in his bed, Anderson sleepin in his bed" Gotta admit, the girl has mad skillz. While Michael and I would like to point the finger at whose gene pool all that crazy comes from....but truth is, all our kids had a chance of getting a lil bit of crazy from either of our sides, but looks like it all went to Ashlee. Bless her heart. She'll always be a little off, but just like my doctor told me "those are the kids you don't worry about in life, they go out there and do just fine". I believe it more and more every day. She isn't going to take crap. She might even take you down if you talk about her mama. Brookelyn, the mild tempered one will have to pry Ashlee out of many situations. Someday Ashlee and I going to be cuttin up on the dance floor at Brookelyn's wedding and B is just going to apologize to her inlaws........'See what I had to grow up with'
Girl please, someday I'll explain what I had to grow up with. You. Don't. Know. Crazy.
Gonna keep it short tonight, in case Granny readin it again, I'd hate for her to take time out of her busy schedule to read my long winded nonsense. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA






