Blog overdue. Tshirt a friend saw "I'm so blogging this".
You see this pic of my baby? There is a whole story. He hasn't had his pics done professionally ever, b/c they are over overrated and over charging. BUT- I have these pics of the girls at the same age in this white dress and they are on easels on my living room. They are my little heirlooms. The pics were done at Picture People. So, my MIL got me this cute outfit for Anderson, a plain white polo shirt and khakis. I kept putting off setting the appt for a variety reasons but the top two being 1. It is a beating - the whole picture taking process- keep em clean, act like a moron clown to get them to smile, sweat, stress out. 2. the money involved- kinda a big deal.
Finally I set the appt for 8/15/11. Anderson was his normal happy self all morning. The appt was at 1140am. He woke up from a morning nap and off we went- to hell- little did I know.
He was giggling while we waited. Another mom w/ a 5 mo old son commented on how sweet he was. All was fine. I thought 'piece of cake, he will ham it up, I will have so many pics to choose from my eyeballs will start seizing'
Not exactly.
We get back there, plop him on the black back drop, I show the 'photographer' a pic of the girls at the age, same pose is what I wanted, etc. I sit next to Anderson just to stay close so he doesn't get any ideas to crawl to me. I was so close we were basically touching. The girl said his name, pointed the cam and Anderson BURST in to scary, bloody murder cries. Brookelyn, Ashlee and I were speechless. What the crap was this? Why was he so upset? His face was beat red and his tears were getting all over his shirt, eyes bloodshot fast. I picked him up and he stopped. I put him down, he looked at the girl and screamed again, like as if someone was giving him shots. Well someone was, in his eyes. Anderson apparently only likes to look at pretty people. How do I know this for sure. I picked him up again, took him to the waiting area, told that other mom what was going on and she said her son did the same thing. Anderson was still a little shaky but I handed him to this strange mom and he was FINE. She was a cute lady. So I just said it- to the mom- "I think my son is scared of ugly people" and then HER mom chimed in and said, "Babies just know" Babies just know what exactly I'm not sure-- the difference between pretty and ugly? whether or not someone likes children? whether or not someone is a devil worshipper? whether or not someone doesn't believe in Heaven- that bothers Anderson b/c I tell him about our loved ones in Heaven waiting to see us in about 100 years. About this time another 'photographer' young girl says she will give it a try and we get the shot above. He wasn't offended by her looks but by now he was pretty uninterested in picture taking. We got another one of him smiling but then carrot top girl walks in and he freaks OUT. By this point I had changed his outfit. I said, "this session is over, I can't keep putting him through this, especially when he is usually a very happy baby, I'm quite certain he'd go on a mail route w/ the mailman w/o a peep" I was sweaty, anxiety ridden, and exhausted.
So I texted all this info to Michael and he replies "that's mean Candice, people can't help the way they look"
I replied, "Are you calling Anderson rude? bc HE is the one that had a problem w/ her looks not me"
She wasn't ugly in the sense of bad genes, more like needs to buy a flat iron, get on an acne regimen and invest on some makeup 5 stores down at Sephora. I could make her pretty, but that is neither here or there.
I digress.
I picked this picture even though clearly he looks traumatized but still cute and it will look great next to the girls photos. I got the print free but i had to buy a sheet of this other pose.
I get the pic home and set it next to the girls and start steaming. He looks like he is levitating! There is 3 inches of blackness under his body which looks silly next to the girls photos. My gah, can any moron take pictures? Wait, don't answer that. So on a break at work the other day, my coworker friends hear me calling picture people complaining that first I had to deal w/ my child being deathly afraid of the girl taking pics and now i have this print of him levitating.
I took the print up there and dropped it off. I'll be asking for a free print for all of my inconvenience. I'm never going back. If I wasn't so determined to have a replica of the girls pics, I wouldn't have been caught dead in a professional studio. ha. "professional".
We've had a busy week. We went to water park w/ friends on Wednesday. We met B's 2nd grade teacher Thurs and she and Riley are in same class. They are pretty excited about that. I absolutely love the teacher. She couldn't be any sweeter. I'm officially excited to start this year and see what new things my big girl learns. We met Ashlee's MDO teacher last week and Ashlee is excited for the fun, 3 days a week, Pre-K. I'm going to cry in a year when my 2nd baby leaves me for school. So, in the meantime I'll be sittin on Anderson so he can't grow :)
Oh! Nana and I weighed the kids, and I wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget but Anderson is 22 lbs, Ashlee is about 50 lbs (I have kind of forgotten, poor middle child) and Brookelyn is 68 lbs!! Ashlee is 42 inches tall and Miss B is 48 in tall. I only know this b/c at the water park they have the signs that show you how tall you have to be to ride certain things. Ashlee is such a thrill seeker (they both are). Ashlee and I rode this super tall, enclosed, dark tube, in a raft ride- I was squealing and she was like "woooohoooo its dark in here!!" I was having a heart attack. Brookelyn rode w/ Stacey and her daughter on this 3 person raft new ride they have out there. Ashlee wasn't tall enough.
Things Anderson says, "mama", "go", and "mo" for more- and he does the sign for it. Yep baby 3 and I still find signing very useful. Nothing worse than a baby that screams for what it wants. Anderson does that but I'm trying to nip it sign by sign. We'll see.
Whats the sign for MOTHER OF THE YEAR. HA!
Favorite summer shows:
Hoarders
Hoarding-Buried Alive
Switched at Birth
Secret Life of American Teenager (I know, grow up Candice)
Teen Mom
Weeds- on dvd
Wish List:
*Black mary jane danskas
*hand soap from B and B works
*bell bottoms from Express
*Gap bras
*everything on the Pink line at VS
*my paul mitchell color treated shampoo- I bet I can get this next pay day
*food from Bennihannas- whose in?
*an additional band to go w/ my rings (greedy much?)
*sleigh bed from rooms to go i found, only at the end its just normal not sleigh so it doesn't take up the extra space (I know now I'm just getting ridiculous) but I've considered turning the playroom in to a bedroom and giving B her furniture back so I'd be forced to need new furniture. This is how a psycho thinks at times.
*a chemical peel and botox
*mini tummy tuck
*wood flooring in my master bedroom
*a pony
* a vacation home on the coast
*just kidding on the last 2
Things I don't want
*frames or anything for the home or wall- I don't want my house to look like a Target or Hobby Lobby isle so I keep things pretty plain and simple and if I don't LOVE it, it doesn't come in my house
*starbucks- however whenever I run out of coffee and have an emergency then those silly cards come quite in handy. In fact a frap sounds super yummy right now. Thanks Candice
*clothes that say look over here, you lookin at me!! i put all this crap on, so looky looky- nope I'm often caught in all black yoga pants and a fitted black tee, and all I have to say about that is, I pull it off. giggle.
*to sit here another second, going crazy staring at a computer screen, which is why I am barely EVER on my laptop at home.
THAT IS ALL I GOT.






