Wednesday, June 8, 2011

9 of the best months




Happy Summer and happy nine months to my sweet boy. Hmm funny how his 1st nine mo. of life went faster than the nine mo. I carried him. Hmm yes so odd.

Lets update, b/c my life is so riveting.

I got rear ended on my first day back to work. I'm still sore. That was a week ago. I have a chiropractor appt tomorrow. I've already seen a regular doctor who gave me meds, which kinda upset my stomach and I can only take them at night. Basically from the top of my neck to the bottom of my back and my left shoulder at any given time will throb, but are constantly sore. I keep thinking I will wake up and be perfectly fine. This too shall pass.
I've been doing agency training which is tricky b/c I have 3 kiddos that have to be watched. However, I've been very, extremely lucky to have people that have made this pretty easy on me. Thankful, so much!!
Once the agency stuff is taken care of, I will be on call at my old unit and at another one, given I can get over there and get trained soon. I'm excited but of course not ignoring the fact that it could complicate my simple little life. But I love a little complication. Make me busy and I'll make things happen.

I love the quote from the Oprah finale by Jill something that says "Please take responsibility for the energy you bring in to this space". I think about this quote all of the time. How we are bundles of energies intruding on other peoples spaces at all times. There is nothing worse than being around or on the phone with someone that is so negative or so angry, it completely steals your joy, even when you try to promise yourself you won't let that happen. Then there are those that make you smile when you just see them, they don't have to say a word. Thankfully, I'm around more positive people than negative. And of course, what about myself. I think about this quote constantly and hope that people feel my gratitude or my general view on life- that I'm basically an optimist. I've been doing a lot of griping regarding this wreck. I know there are much more worse things that could be happening. The glass is always half full for me. If my energy isn't showing that to others, then I have work to do. There is always work to do. Someone recently told me that people is trauma in their childhoods grow up to constantly be after a life of normalcy, free of drama, free of the kind of crap they were subjected to, and that they are generally more self aware. It was something like that, I'm paraphrasing. My response was 'well duh, of course we are' but hearing it (b/c it had come out of a book or from a therapist's mouth) put it in black and white for me. I'm after a normal whatever that means life and I'm constantly trying obtain that, so that I never have to revisit trauma or drama again. I think angry people are kinda cute, with their trivial problems and road rage. I always roll my eyes when I encounter a negative person. Hi, try having a cold Christmas eve wondering where your drunk mother is and hoping your little sister doesn't wake up to zero Christmas. I have more where that came from, but please do go on about your a-hole bosses, the crappy drivers on the road, your messy house, your fussy babies........some of this is just being human and I get that. I have some anger too from time to time. I've had some lately - but I'm sort of only complaining to those I feel safe in doing so. I'm certainly not going to training where I've met new people griping. That isn't the Candice I'd like them to meet. So I push through with my smile. It works anyway. Try smiling even when you do feel up to it, eventually you'll believe you are actually happy-- until your shoulder starts hurting or you get a call from the insurance company. ARRRRG.

oh and one more gripe- I had bronchitis for two weeks. I'm finally over it, with a fleeting cough left. Good god, anything else. Sometimes I think God just wants to see what I'm made of. Not cool.

I think this momma is ready to see Britney Spears. Yep, Becca scored us good tix and its next month. Can't wait. thank you thank you Becca for your hard work in getting this for us!!!!

I think I'm going to stop here. I could bore you w/ Anderson's milestones but we already know he is a genius. Google 'baby genius'- the image of his sweet face will pop up.