Monday, April 4, 2011

Seven Months of Baby God




I'm pretty sure I got my pass to be inappropriate a loooooooooooong time ago, so bear with me. Baby God is 7 mo of pure bliss and joy. He is SO freakin happy ALL the time. Even when I'm tryin to be pissy with Michael, there's Anderson just belly laughin for no reason! Stop it baby! Stop it! Little liar Baby!!
7 months, and here is what he loves-
green beans
all baby food I give him
splashing like a freak in his bath tub
playing with his new 'friend' he found in bath tub
grabbing for stuff he isn't supposed to have like laptops and cell phones
grabbing noses
watching Ashlee act like a nut
listening to Brookelyn read to him
sitting on Daddy's lap while he sings yankee doodle
watching me sing and dance to britney, or kesha, or hannah montana
peek a boo (duh he is a baby)
baby einstein
but also spongebob (there was no escaping that one sicne the girls watch it all the time)
fraggle rock and veggie tales
he knows no stranger. he loves women but it is apparent to me he has a few favorites. I see the way he lights up for others

I'm 33 and suddenly fallin a part. Ok maybe it isn't so sudden but suddenly I have like 58 doctors for all sorts of crap.
My auntmom making me reset the appt at UT Southwestern to see specialist for my skin problemo on my forehead. argh. I'm only doing it b/c she said she'd go with me. Sounds like a waste of time but I suppose if she says to do something, after all shes done for me, I better just shut up and reset the appt.
My hips still give me issue, with or without working out. It isn't unbearable and it would be a cold day in hell before I take steroids (my face is puffy enough w/o such crap meds) I'm not willing to cry about it just yet. I've discussed here and there w/ my pcp and told him I'll let him know when we need to do anything else about it. Until then I just deal, its been ongoing on and off my entire life and I can deal.
Yesterday I reached for remote and about 5 bones cracked. Michael and I started laughing. OLD ASS! I'm creaking now!!
My eyes are crappin out on me too. My reading glasses aren't strong enough and the distance is becoming an issue. I had an eye dr in Houston tell me one eye was starting to have issue w/ distance but not enough to write a rx for glasses. Well, it has been 3 years. I keep tellin myself, maybe its not so bad. Maybe everyone is squinting at the same stuff I do. Again, not so bad that I cannot function, just enough to think 'crap, my eyes too!! NO!' I don't have time.
And do not get me started on my much needed tummy tuck. I've now talked w/ several reputable sources and pcps who have said that the muscles have detached from the body and no amount of cardio will help. Wow, so encouraging. I'm 2 seconds away from finding a way to finance this crap b/c I can't live like this. Take my eyes, my hips, my forehead, but give me back the thing that once resembled my stomach. DANG BABIES AND C-SECTIONS!!! oh and for the mothers who say theirs isn't as bad, yah, might not be, I'm just this unlucky. This is not 100% about vanity although probably 80% is but this is about clothing fitting weird too. I can't wear yoga pants for the rest of my life.
If you are feeling sorry for me yet, make the check payable to me.

Michael is still a work whore, I mean work HORSE. However, I'm very proud of him. The game is coming along and Brookelyn and I have gotten to test it out. Pretty fun but a long way from being finished. It really should open doors for him. I was so proud he got off his computer Sat. around 4 and spent the entire evening w/ us. It is hard being a single mom with a paycheck. I miss burping in front of an adult audience. Such a waste.

Today I was cleanin and Ashlee would throw something away for me and say, "I just want to do nice things and help you out so you can rest"
She can be the sweetest cheek you'll ever kiss, just please don't piss her off. She practically growled at me tonight b/c I wouldn't give her a snack. Um hello, the rule is - eat your damn dinner then you can have something out of the glorious holy snack basket. She stomped her feet and growled. I do however let her have peanut butter, either on spoon or bread. Hey it worked for my grandma lou, it's workin in my house, on Ashlee. If it is Brookelyn, she is allowed to a turkey or ham sandwich if she doesn't eat dinner. I don't think it is such a bad arrangement. I make meals, if it isn't fish sticks and you refuse to eat my food I spent time on cooking, I'm not making anything else. It isn't that I refuse or something but now w/ 3 mouths, 4 if you include Michael all needing food oh and 7 if you include two cats and a duck- I'm pretty sure I have better things to do than spend all my time in a kitchen. I don't even LIKE cooking. I do it b/c we gotta eat, thats it.

I have to say I witnessed yesterday the girls playing all day, non stop, with little to no fighting. They'd play make up and beauty parlor. B painted A.M's toenails. They giggled so much. They even made up a secret handshake. Sisterhood is not overrated. I have that special something w/ mine and those bonds are the most amazing bonds a girl can have, if one is so blessed.

I had a girlfriends night on Friday w/ Becca and Stacey. We are a perfect mix. As you know, Stac is my long time friend of 14 years, our husb were friends before us. We were just awesome teenagers hanging out once upon a time. Becca is my almost sis in law b/c she is married to my sis lindsays brother. confused yet? She my friend, thats all ya gotta know! We had fun, hope to do again soon. We all have sons and were talking about the day they find that special someone. I was the first one to chime in and say, 'look i got 2 girls who aren't going anywhere, we'll be friends forever, but I look at Anderson and I just know he has to leave me one day, yes sad-- but I really hope the silver lining is that anything he does for me, he does b/c we have an amazing bond. I've already started reciting "I know you are going to have a wife one day (or husband whatevs I'm liberal) and that might mean you have to go her family's functions all day and all night for the rest of your life. It does truly make me sad but I've also had words of wisdom all my life from my Grandma lou who had 3 sons. Even when it hurt - she'd tell them 'honor your wife, stay home w/ her etc..'She also had 2 daughters who are completely like best friends. I just hope he doesn't bring home some girl covered in tattoos and a piercing thru her nose like a bull. I said I'm liberal not blind. Its not that hard to find a pretty girl. This is why I raise my babies to care about the way they look. Dress to impress! Have some skills- sports music whatever and be smart b/c if you are dumb, what a waste of my and Michael's genes. I figure I am raising children right now, who will grow up to be adult and dress the part of a winner (insert Charlie Sheen WINNING!!) Am I so wrong? You know I'm not. The first thing your prospective mate sees, is the beauty on the outside, then once ya get to know a person, you see if it matches the stuff on the inside. Stick with me, I'm full of deep thoughts.
All I know is that if I had been 555lbs Michael would have never asked his friend who I was. Likewise, if he had dressed too pretty I would have never looked again. I will groom these babies for success and we will all sit back and watch their dreams come true. If this isn't the case, they are paying for their own therapist b/c if they dare say I screwed them up, well honeys, daddy and I can tell some stories but here, on aston dr- it might not be a privileged existence but ya got it pretty good. We even learned the girls secret handshake.
Thats all I got for now. Time to get my tired, creaking body to bed. peace!