Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winter Wonderland and Stuff







Can ya tell I'm finding mas tiempo to blog and play with pics? Don't get me wrong, the bebe keeps off and on cryin. He falls asleep and wakes up. I'm not sure what the deal is but my guess- he just wants momma. How could I resist?
Well, I'm gonna resist for a few mas minutes.

Took the girls roller skating today. B rocked it! All that practicing in our driveway paid off! Ashlee had a hard time of course but I have to say after a few tears and a pep talk, she was a trooper. I've never said 'spread your legs' so many times in my entire life and I certainly wasn't ever planning on saying it to my daughter but there I was "I said SPREAD YOUR LEGS, BEND YOUR KNEES" spread em!! Hey, I usually don't have an ounce of patience but when teaching this lil one to skate I suddenly became Mother Mary Instructor. I was calm, patient, and kind. Then we'd negotiate, I'd help her and then ask if I was allowed to skate once or twice around the rink. She'd say yes and sometimes give me more laps! Wow, victim turned angel. First it was boo hoo this is hard and then it was 'look at my balance Mommy'. I kept saying 'practice your balance while I skate, hold out your arms' I'm tellin ya, PATIENCE OF A NUN was me. As for Brookelyn, I was kind of in shock, I didn't know where she was, all over the place.
Then, I loved this old grandpa- who was there with his two granddaughters who had never roller skated. He first asked if I had tips for first timers. I said "hang on the railing!" Then an hour later he comes up to me and says "You're Good!!!". I could have kissed him. Who ME, this old thang who is outta shape, outta practice and had a baby 5 mo. ago, a third dang baby at that! I said, 'well thank ya, I'm out of practice though!' If you had left me alone longer than those few seconds, you KNOW I would have been like "well I need the exercise, I just had a 3rd c-sec a few mo ago, I eat too much pizza and other carbs, I just came from gym so you'd think I'm doin good but I think I need a tummy tuck to help my confidence, I mean it's like muffin top on overload, its like pound cake, i can't even see that first tattoo I got down in the bikini area and you'd think i wouldn't eat again if it meant seeing the top of my pelvic bone without grody fat pouch'
BUT
That would have been a bit much. A thank you sufficed.

So whoever is down w/ rollerskating with us, name the time and place, we are anxious to get good. My thighs thank you for playin along.
It has gotta be good for my weird hips too. My PCP and i talked some more about this off and on again hip pain I get. It is random and has no real cause/effect link. He said it is probably tendinitis and to keep up with the elliptical and treadmill use and more importantly stretch and showed me some to do. Sometimes being on the cardio equip triggers it but not enough to really get me off, maybe slow down....but it's just a weird little thing I've had going on off and on my entire life with no reason understanding of it. Should it get debilitating, I'll do the whole MRI thing, until then, it is just more motivation to keep active. Even if I don't drop a pound, my hips say thank you for using me!

Also, I have appt mar 25 to see Dr. Heidi Jacobe at UTSW in Dallas to discuss my 'morphea' skin condition on forehead. I will also be a part of a research study since it is not a widely understood condition. It IS an autoimmune disease and can be summarized as 'lupus of the skin'-- typically NOT systemic-- so shouldn't ever affect my organs and what not. Can you tell I've been doing my research and also my PCP and i talked about it. I just wanted him to be aware of what was going on. He has been my dr since I was 17. he is worth the small drive to S. Arl.
The whole skin condition is more of a pain in my butt. I was going to ignore b/c my dermatologist thought it was probably going away 'burnt out' but she wanted me to go to UTSW anyway. I ignored it. Then I saw it had spread a little. I asked Michael, hoping I was going insane, but, he saw it too. UGH. NOOOOO. I got teary eyed about it b/c the skin loses elasticity, there is collagen build ups and plaque breakdowns, build ups, etc and it can affect the skull. In a nutshell makes me want to say WHAT THE HECK AND WHY MY FACE OF ALL PLACES. I'd rather have morphea of the butt. No one is looking there! My face is all I got. I've lost my cute figure and my youth, girly lookin glow has faded. I'm fixin to be 33 in less than a month, I'm pretty sure I can't have my face going crazy with a disease. I think the only good news is that it really should NOT spread or spread much and I think the spread can be controlled and supposedly after a few years it can go away all together. So fingers crossed that I've seen the worst of it. The dermatologist (dr kodali in colleyville who is WONDERFUL) was telling me that some people get headaches b/c that is when the skull is affect. That part is odd but so far I'm ok......I think. I really won't know more til March. I do not get headaches in the region but i can massage that area and also the other part of forehead that doesn't have it and I will feel tenderness where the Morphea is.
Oh and it isn't like I dropped the ball on this. My own PCP saw this in 2006 and thought nothing of it. I've had tons of people, drs etc.. notice it, nurses left and right and NO one said one word until I went to dermatologist for retin A, skin bleach cream Rx's and to inquire about botox. I didn't get botox info, instead I got a quickie biopsy on my forehead and left with stitches. How's that for being all vain. Now I don't care about my wrinkles, I just want this crap dealt with.

I have a baby boy in my arms now, suckin his thumb reminding me he is hungry. That is my cue.