


Wow what an interesting and fun few days. The bizarre snow storm started in the middle of night Wed. night. We woke up to a snow covered yard, it was beautiful. The kids still had school and snow continued well in to the next day. On Fri. there was no school for any district in the DFW area. CRAZY! It took Michael a while to get car out of driveway to get to work. Geez, over achiever! He just had to go to work. haha. The girls made snow bunnies and snowmen and threw snow balls. I watched and took pics from the porch. None of us have the right shoes or clothing for this kind of weather! Each time the girls came in they had to change clothes. This was a record breaking snow fall for Texas! We got 12 inches in our area! INSANE! I feel like we have really gotten a taste of a real winter this year.
Happy Valentines Day! Michael surprised me in bed with a willow figure holding a heart and a trinket ceramic box that says something like 'you'll always have my heart' and there is a tiny heart inside that says 'my heart'. too sweet! he also gave me some chocolates. Smart boy knows what prego wants!
Then we all went to Hoffbrau for a V-day lunch. I was craving the jalapeno broccoli cheese soup! It was a perfect day until I had to come to work! Boo! Only one more Sunday and I'm finished. The girls, Michael and I are so excited. We get to have a normal life on the weekends again.
Overall I am so thankful this pregnancy is bearable. I seem to be able to do the everyday stuff and not be hovered over the toilet or curled up on the couch crying. I do seem to go a little bit down hill right about the time Michael should be getting home. I fall asleep before 9pm. It is so strange getting so much sleep. I sleep until 7am. I still take plenty of anti-nausea meds and progesterone. There is still a part of me that cannot believe this is really happening. I'm sure there are plenty of people that wonder if I'm crazy. I mean 3 kiddos?! I wonder it too! Oh and I love it when people base whether or not to have more kids on the cost of college. Michael and I didn't come from filthy rich families and yet we managed to get our educations. If it is important to the parent and child, it will happen. It may be hard and tight or maybe not so bad or maybe the child has to help finance it! I hope not but I can't know the future. A million things could happen. I'm not going to borrow worry. Will they be fed and clothed and have beautiful birthdays and holidays? Duh, they are MY kids! But- will they be loved by the most doting mother and father on earth, not to mention the best families in the world? yes. The rest isn't for me to question. We enjoy our children and Michael never seems to mind that he gets very little play money-- it all goes to me and the girls and maintaining the home. There has got to be a special place for him in heaven. He doesn't worry about where his clothes come from or require new vehicles and never questions me if I buy myself clothes or treat the girls to something new to play with. He is so low maintenance.
Yes, one more Sunday of work and I'll be finished. Mentally I have checked out. It is 8pm and I'm sad I'm not in pjs getting ready to go to bed!! It will be hard to say bye to the extra money and it is time to be disciplined and realize that time w/ my fam as a whole is priceless! The girls get more out of all of us doing things together than they do with Mommy purchasing more 'stuff' at Target. Oh Target, my bff 4/ever.
Oh! And the most exciting news I have is that my sis Kristyn is pregnant! She is due mid October, a month after me. I guess there is rhyme and reason in everything. I'm so happy for her and Kelly. I know how bad they've wanted this pregnancy to happen. I am crazy excited for them. I know they will be great parents. The best advice I have for new parents-- HAVE FUN!
I mean really.......who cares if the house is a mess, laundry isn't finished and you're down to one diaper at midnight! When you see your perfect bundle, one of you will joyfully go to the drugstore for more diapers and at Mommy's demand, Taco Bell too! I think life is meant to be lived for the small moments. HAVE FUN!!!! Oh and someone remind me of this motto when I'm juggling 3 kiddies in the beginning. Ha!
Things Ashlee says that are funny AND/OR socially inappropriate for her age:
1. Dang it
2. Darn it
3. Move your stupid shoe
4. I'm angry to you
5. stupid dog
6. dang dog
7. you don't look pretty
8. shut up (um hi, i do NOT tell my kids to shut up, no matter how much i want to!)
9. i look weird
10. don't talk at me
When she is in a loving mood:
1. Mommy, I love you
2. I so happy!
3. You look beautiful mommy, I love your hair (lays it on thick)
4. I love my friend
5. I don't love boys, only Logan
6. That's my cheyrey, she's the best
7. I so excited
8. sweet boy (the cat)
9. awww Clue wants a treat, her cryin
10. where's bookwin? Is it time to go get her? (everyday all day!)






