Tuesday, January 5, 2010

She's Wonky



Look how serious I look! Serious stuff! Well, next competition is weekend of 1-23-10. I really love cheer for keeping us on our toes because without those post Christmas blues might set in.
Today was 1st day back to the grind since holiday break. B had school and cheer. Way to jump right back in to EVERYTHING. So A.M and I ran several errands. I had several returns, starting with lip gloss to CVS. This is what I said to the clerk,
"Hi, I need to return this lip gloss I bought yesterday because the end of the applicator is bent and I'm not sure if that is a defect or if that is how it's supposed to be........plus......it's kinda ugly"
lady, 'ok, here's your refund $13.00'
me, "OMG I paid that much for it?! I need to pay attention when I shop!"
For $13 I should get quality lip gloss from the mall. This stuff was name brand, I think Loreal or something but the color was very white trashy pink. Yuk. It's true about the applicator being bent, it was weird.

Oh ya, and I had M's car today. He insisted on taking mine since his has a burnt out headlight. Well fine, but I totally forgot he broke the handle on the driver's side door. This is the 2nd Toyota he has done this to. Imagine my surprise the 1st time I discovered this. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
"Quit being a GIANT! I said to him. "Quit man handling the car handles! They aren't your enemies!"
He said, "those Toyotas are designed for people who are 4 feet tall and weigh 90lbs" (clearly indicating the country where they are built and the people who live in that country)
So how fun was that running errand after errand with Ashlee and me having to stick my chunky finger up under the groove where a handle USED to be in order to open my door. Frustrated is only the tip of it!
So I guess tomorrow, for sure fix the headlight and go to Toyota or somewhere to inquire about a new handle.
I've never heard of a person ripping off their car handles, let alone TWO of them. What a bear!

After cheer, came home, threw kids in bath and made tuna patties! Both girls liked them! At first I think they loved them, but I think that love turned to like. That's cool, as long as there is some inner country bumpkin in there somewhere, I'm pleased. Of course Michael clears the plate. I'm sort of out of practice and they weren't as flavorful as they could have been. So - so far I am not living up to that one resolution that said I'd work on learning how to cook better, more interesting dishes.
But- I have read a TON in my Jennifer Weiner book called 'best friends forever' and loving it. The reading is so calming.

Anyhoo.......tomorrow is Wed. and A and B have school. No extra activities. Aw I love Wednesdays! I'll hit up the grocery.
Today B heard the word "murder" on a commercial for a movie. She asked me "Mommy, what's a murder"
Ouch.
I'm not ready for questions like these.
I just said, "it's when something bad happens and then someone dies"
I mean how do you sugar coat "murder"

On New Years Eve, after B had fallen asleep and Ash was still awake laying next to me in the dark, w/ the tv on, Ash says, "Mommy." I said, "Hmm?" and she said, "I love you"
OMIGOSH. Melt my heart!

I read four books tonight to the angels. 3 to A.M and 1 (longer one) to B. B's was so cute, "Pirates don't change diapers"
I highly recommend it!