Sunday, January 10, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Candiceball?



At work, so let's do this, get my blogging on!

Lots to report, so let us take it from the top. Friday was almost an awesome day until Michael called me seconds after the kids had gotten into a warm bath to state he needed picked up, he had been in an accident. OH NO!!! Since he never has a sense of urgency in his voice, I knew to ask if he was ok, because I know, there would be no change in tone had he had been bleeding out of his ear. It COULD have gone like this:
"Are you okay Michael?"
"Well, my ears are bleeding and I think I see my left arm on the hood, but otherwise, I'm fine"

He did say he was sore, which still makes me nervous given he spent all last summer with a hurt back. I'm pretty much certain he did not need this to happen. (on SOOO many levels)

I'm not going to go into details, because it bores me, but he IS ok, thankfully and the car is NOT. I'll know more about that nightmare later in the week. Although cars are replaceable and people are not....money doesn't grow on trees so it is aggravating to me, to have to deal with this crap.

I'm taking Ashlee out of MDO. It was a hard decision to make. I have my reasons. I'm standing by them. While it is true that some things in life are priceless, i.e the look of pride when they learn something new in tumble or get a 1st trophy...but MDO...I CAN put a price on it and well, with all that is going on now-- house repairs, car deductibles (and most likely having to purchase a car), I just don't see where MDO is really all that worth it. I could go on and on about this. But, again, boring, and this will further simplify my life, which is nice and what we need right now. I may take B out of tumble but keep her in cheer and then in summer add it back or maybe not...that is the nice thing about the facility. Add, drop whatev, they are cool. B said she is fine with that. We'll see, I'm still out to lunch on this idea but I am strongly leaning towards it.

I ordered tile for our hall and left entry area. I found a perfect match to the kitchen and front entry area, so a Candy is a happy camper! Installation in Feb. I hope!

Came home last night and heard something odd. I thought it was the heater making a funny noise. I just knew that heater couldn't keep up with these record breaking lows! We've been running it like mad. However, as I got closer to the noise, my confusion grew, until I stepped in water on the concrete hall floor!! OMG. I ran in to the bathroom and saw the faucet was running and had filled the sink and was overflowing! OMG. I said, "Michael! What if we've been robbed!?" He said, "Oh ya, because that is what every robber wants to do, break in to not steal anything and turn the faucet on". Hi. Haven't you seen Home Alone? That is EXACTLY what the bad guys do. (except they stole lots of stuff). We figured it out. He said the pipe had frozen and that one of the kids must have twisted it and then didn't bother twisting it back to the off position when they realized no water was coming out. It was just the cold water side because the hot water side worked find. We figured it must have defrosted while we were out, started running water, etc. Luckily it wasn't that bad and luckily there is no carpet there, nor will there EVER be. Yay.

I just have to share this hilarious story now. We went to Hoffbrau steakhouse in the Highlands w/ Amy and Glenn and I hope she doesn't kill me for sharing this story. Everyone with a partial brain knew there was a big Cowboys/Eagles game last night. Glenn is an Eagles fan. Michael is a Cowboys fan but not a yell or cuss kind of fan, just a "yes thata boy!" fan and plus he is a Cowboys fan because when you live in DFW all of your life, born and raised, you just do this, you back the blue. Well, how was I suppose to know we'd get sat in the bar in a booth at the steakhouse with 25 large flatscreens blaring the game and about 30 people in their jerseys screaming for joy anytime Cowboys just looked good. I think if any of us had known just how badly it would bother Glenn, we would NOT have stayed, not even for a millisecond just to torture him, ok maybe a millisecond because I enjoy a good joke at the expense of others....but I've derailed. We got seated and Glenn didn't look happy but then again, what was I looking for. Guys don't go around with gleaming, bright smiles the way I do. I smile even when I'm in pain or angry. I realize how ridiculous I look and expect others to be a little more normal with their outward emotions. He got a drink and we were all chatting and laughing, and lets face it, Michael must have been in Heaven, he was recording this game at home! So, he got to see his team while out on a date! Glenn got to see his team too, only they weren't doing so hot. I've seen Michael when the Cowboys are losing, he looks frustrated, but not angry. I'm sure he has been angry though, not trying to make M look like an angel....but I've never known him to be an irate fan.
I'm just going to cut to the chase. Glenn got up not once but twice out of frustration and possible anger over the game at the restaurant. The second time he didn't come back. It seemed unreal to me, then and again now. You know when you are living inside a moment and it is strange and you think you are really watching the moment on tv or something? Or is that just me? I mean I would have rather eaten at Taco Bell if I knew my brother in law would get so upset! I felt bad for Amy because she knows how passionate he is, and understands it better but still, how do you make others understand? You just don't. The whole thing just makes me laugh really, but sort of feel bad for him because he missed out on a nice time!
I honestly think that if you are going to live in a large city and be spitting distance to a stadium, you better learn to appreciate the football team OR move OR get used to loud Texans in their Romo jerseys hollering and cheering all over town!! They aren't out to get you, it is just team pride. I'm not saying a person can't love their own team. Haven't you ever been out of town and you suddenly feel dumb in your team hoodie? Well, that must be how Glenn feels all of the time.
AWWW, football, such a stupid, stupid game for a bunch of rednecks!!!! HAAAAAAA