Saturday, January 2, 2010

low, low, low, low




HAPPY NEW YEAR! There is something so fresh and so clean about a new year. Blank slate?
I've already started on my new years resolutions. Why just after dinner out w/ fam we took a walk in my neighborhood. LOL. And today I've read from page 15 to 45 in my "Best Friends" book.
Um, I tried to get a diet coke from the machine here at work and it gave me a Pepsi? Yuk. I mean it is not super yuk but if I wanted a reg. coke, I would have gotten one. Darn it! I would have been excited if it spit out a DP! So I'm sipping this pepsi til it gets warm and then tossing it.

Can't wait to show pics of our new Barbie village in our playroom. Can you say Heaven? In 12 languages?
Well for starters, Mimi got the girls a Barbie mansion that we had not put together yet. The girls had asked Daddy and he kept saying 'maybe tomorrow'. I was going to stand my ground and not do it. First of all, I could see me getting frustrated and walking away and 2nd, it is HIS job to do that kind of crap. My job is to get the place cleaned up so there is space.
Then, we had Kristyn and Kelly and Amy,Glenn, and Logan over yesterday. We hadn't seen Kristyn and kelly at all for the Christmas holiday! Makes me so sad too! As close as we are, we just shouldn't ever go a holiday w/o seeing each other. However, New Years Day IS a holiday so I win anyway!
So they arrive and in they bring a wooden dollhouse Uncle Kelly made. The place has real flooring, nicer than mine, might I add. Haha. Very sweet and adorable!
Then, who puts together the Barbie house? Uncle Kelly! He and Brookelyn got it all set up. Miss B and Ashlee and even Logan were so super excited to have so much to tinker with. Two very different houses! Two very generous gifts! Can you tell I'm excited? This is something I could not do alone! We couldn't build a dollhouse and we couldn't afford a barbie house! So, needless to say, it was Christmas again.
We had a late lunch, early dinner out w/ the gang. I had really thought we'd do six flags but we kind of thought, maybe not, maybe just hang with our fam and enjoy their company.
I had started New Years Day off cleaning the garage and finding a place for the tree. Not sure how it so easily gets trashed in one month, but it did. I have to admit it looked tons better. Miss B raked leaves in her rollerskates. That girl has skillz. It was great weather from sun up to sun down. A perfect start to a new year. We never needed the heater and when I went to bed, all I needed was the down comforter. I've always thought New Years Day was the most boring holiday EVER. However, spending yesterday w/ my sisters made the time much more special. I didn't want to get stuck listening to Spongebob reruns blaring from the living room, doesn't seem matter how many times they've seen an episode, B,A and M can sit there in total trances. Michael always says the girls are going to turn in to sea creatures, well, hello him too....unlike him, I fight for my tv and send them away and only let them have tv when I'm good and done w/ it.
Ok, so I'm at work and I just have to say, I'm getting sick and tired of people saying things like "so you can't help with that?"
No, and stop asking.
We really aren't as useless as we sound, it is just the requests are getting more rediculous.
No, we don't pick up unruly kids.
No, we don't have some private shelter we aren't telling people about.
No, we can't force your loved one in to rehab. "YOU MEAN A PERSON CAN JUST TAKE DRUGS AND TAKE DRUGS AND KILL THEMSELVES IF THEY FREAKIN WANT TO LADY???"
Yes.
"WELL THEY ARE A DANGER TO THEMSELVES, IT'S DRUGS, IT'S CRACK COCAINE, HE NEEDS HELP"
maybe so, but good luck on getting a judge to sign a warrant to have them detained against his will unless he is doing one of the following
1. walking into traffic naked
2. turning on the stove all day, thus, starting small fires
3. making threats

SO THEY GOTTA DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE TO GIVE A DANG?!!!
yes.

I get that people are frustrated. They perhaps didn't ask to be put in positions that led them to our line, but I didn't write the laws. People are idiots.
I even spoke w/ someone whos loved one is already a client w/ us but is taking drugs and is in the hosp. Um hi, what am I supposed to do about this. Oh, AND he doesn't want to get off drugs. (duh).
Well then, why didn't you say so! He already gets free medication from the county, takes illegal drugs and is now draining county resources by being at the hospital where he doesn't plan to pay the bill?! I have this magic wand! I'm going to get in my Honda, drive to the hospital, sprinkle fairy dust on him, wave the wand and when he wakes up, he is going to want to go to rehab, but not a skanky free rehab, well for HIM, we have a swanky new place on the penthouse floor of our agency just for special people like him, and the best part, it is free, just like all of the other services he receives from us. No, no, NO crappy cafeteria food and boring NA groups. We cater in Uncle Julios and have a DJ get the party started w/ virgin margaritas.
Instead of reciting boring 12 steps:

We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.
We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our
BLAH BLAH BLAH

We memorize this instead:

She had them Apple Bottom Jeans [Jeans]
Boots with the fur [With the fur]
The whole club lookin at her
She hit the floor [She hit the floor]
Next thing you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low

Apple Bottom Jeans [Jeans]
Boots with the fur [With the fur]
The whole club lookin at her
She hit the floor [She hit the floor]
Next thing you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low

Them baggy sweat pants
And the Reeboks with the straps [With the straps]



********************************************
After we teach you a synchronized dance to Apple Bottom Jeans, we all chillax by hot tub on the roof. You can see all of Tarrant County! You'll see beyond stop 6 and Como where you came from. Those pawn shops where you took stolen goods to pay for the crack, a distant neon sign, a synonym of your previous life.
At Swankytown, we don't let drugs and poverty stand in the way of offering you 5 star treatment. Rehab should be fun and inviting, and most of all EASY. Our hot nurses will make sure you get all the good stuff, the LEGAL good stuff so that while you are detoxing, you are high, and really, have no clue. You'll sleep like a baby with our Ambien and Triazadone cocktail and every 3rd Thursday Enya herself comes by and sings everyone their own private lullaby. Rehab should be painless and serene. Did I mention I'm the founder and every night I pass out blankies and bottles to the grown ass men and women. I rub your head and clip your nails. Oh and don't worry, we don't do pee tests to test for drugs like those other nosey rehabs.