Thursday, December 31, 2009

Peace Out Ponies of 2009



I couldn't let the note end on that last blog. You know, there is a special place in Heaven for me......for the sarcastic cynics. That's cool, just keep me away from those freaks that went door to door all their lives passing out pamphlets.

I don't know how to sum up my year. It seemed pretty good, well with a couple of vacations, an awesome summer filled with waterpark days, cheer functions, tumbling classes, me working at my job for a full year, and loving all of the people I work with more and more. I feel a part of a family there. I have amazing support from family and friends. Blessed is a word sometimes used without drive or notion. I understand it and try to use it only when I think beyond luck. As 'luck' would have it, I have nothing much to complain about. I think a lot of times in the late 20s we find that with marriage and children comes a little boredom, a lot of work, and a settling for status quo. I've moved safely out of that stage. Arrival is a part of the journey and my circle partial full. This is normalcy, I assume for everyone. It is so good too! I used to beat myself up for not wanting to go out, "live" more, travel, etc..but for what reason I don't know. I guess when you see others living busier or more exciting lives, you begin to wonder if, indeed I am the ultimate closet human.
However, it has turned in to a very busy time in our lives. My life as a mom of a Kindergarten! Huge deal! Brookelyn is amazing. I'm so proud of her and all of the awesome things her teacher has told me. My life as a mom of the baby of the fam, my 3 year old, who cracks me up, non stop. Since she is our baby, she is doted on, non stop. I'm so glad she is a firecracker! It is just what this laid back fam needed. Someone to rock our world and call us gwandpa and memorize boom boom pow. These girls rock.
I don't do New Years resolutions. I think they are for breakin. I must have motivation and/or willpower issues, because I can't even seem to make a resolution.
Ok, but IF I were to make a list, let's do this, haven't given it any thought so this might get interesting
1.finish ashlee's scrapbook. how hard can it be? The pages are pre-decorated!
2. find someone to make the window seat cushions i've wanted since 2004.
3.be more work out committed, easy to do til summer hits and then I fall off the wagon and become a sun whale.i forget that fat arse is there, til I knock stuff off of flat surfaces. hello, wake up call?
4. budget better. this one makes me sniff :(. I have contributed quite a bit w/ my part time job and haven't saved any of it.
5. read more! i have so many great reading materials! i love my little library and grabbing from it...should do it way more...maybe get offline....
6. show and/or do more for those less fortunate, work should count for this but does it really count when you're doing it for a paycheck?
7. spend 2010 figuring out the rest of my life.....oh i dunno...do i want to work full time in my field in 2010 or 2011. do I want to get a different profession all together?
8. work on the house. resources are limited and may require us saving up for a change! GOD HELP ME!
9.get to canton! i didn't get to go last year and i'm dying to go this year! My kind of fun!!!
10. cook more. realized my casseroles aren't really cutting it, and that maybe I haven't even learned how to cook.
10.5 Resolutions are for breaking so don't hold your breath.

I have to give my friends and family all of the thanks for always being by my side! I'm grateful that anyone would want to read about my boring life. Lets face it, I have nothing profound to talk about, just my love for Britney, my hate for idiots, my obsession with cheerleading, my hope for my spazzy 3 year old, my faith in all things good and holy which includes havarti cheese and a fully charged phone.