Another blog. I mean why not? I'm at work, it is quiet, and when left to my own devices I end up here.
Oh how I missed my babies today! However, that village I always brag on, is what keeps me working at my job. I didn't get much done around the house, mainly b/c I feel overwhelmed! I made it to gym though, and that was after sleeping in til almost 9am! After the girls come home tomorrow, I will tackle some more clean up. On Wednesday Miss B is having Riley over for her first sleepover at our house. I don't want to be all up in the business, but I figured one or two structured activities wouldn't hurt....maybe make cookies? (Yes I have ulterior motives on this one). Andrea said the girls are probably going through withdrawals. Ha. So true. It sure seems that Andrea and I ending up with girls the same age going to same school, in the same class is not by accident. I remember walking up to Andrea in college. I pegged her as cool and decided I will have her as my friend. That was junior college and we went on to get our Bachelors together in Dallas. That was forever ago. Now we a part of PTA and went to the Xmas party at the girls school. We sat in these tiny chairs and giggled like college girls again. What, you didn't giggle in college? GIGGLE is my middle name and I'm quite sure our professors wondered how we'd make it in the real world. Andrea always looked like she was in a different place and I was constantly writing notes on my spiral and giggling and showing them to her. LIKE OMG REALLY PAIN IS SUBJECTIVE, YAWN, TEACH ME SOMETHING ALREADY!
ok it was funnier 100 years ago.
I'm sad this is our last week of holiday break! Although I'm sure by next week I will be ready to go back to our regular routine. I thrive best on routines I have found. I do awesome with breaks though, they are so welcomed. Is it sad I can almost see summer in the distant horizon? Waterpark! We live there, and really, five months, is NOT so far away.
I'm dying to take the girls to Holiday in the Park on Jan 1. I guess we will decide on day of b/c if its wet or too windy, that wouldn't be fun. I can't think of a better time to go. Summer is too hot and spring break is too crowded. Michael is on board so that is a major plus. We were going to try and go w/o the girls but decided new years should be spent together. I'm a sap like that. When you think about how fast your own childhood seem to go, it makes ya want to treasure and make the most out of your own kids. God knows though, I will find some way to screw up my children. Some day, they will be sitting w/ a shrink complaining that I either hovered too much or didn't spend enough time crafting with them. They'll say when Oprah came on, the cat wasn't even to meow. They'll say I forgot to feed them dinner and when I realized it would say, here is some milk, grab a yogurt and some cheese, you won't starve. (I mean I'm so sure, my girls aren't exactly string beans). Have you seen Ashlee's thighs? Poor girl, not sure when I should start apologizing, although I never recall my mother apologizing for the initial gene in the 1st place. Maybe Ash can just go egg my moms tombstone. What? Too much? Inappropriate? Well, you know I put the image in your head, my chunky 3 year old who by the way invented CUTENESS egging a grave. "And dis is fo dee tunky thighs gwandma"
Ok, as hilarious as I am, you know I'm over here apologizing to God and my mom for throwing her under the bus, dead and all, for the sake of a laugh. I'm sick, what else can I say? Oh, and I'm not apologizing for it. I'm as normal as I can possibly be given circumstances that have surrounded me. I was telling a story and I started off w/ "my dad" and the friend goes, "woa wait up, which dad, i mean you need to specify"
That is annoying since I only call one person dad. However, fair enough. I call my aunt and uncle parents and i call the sperm donor, sperm father. If you think having 3 dads hasn't f-ed me up just a little, well then, keep reading.
Or how about when I say "your mom" to Amber and she goes, "your aunt-mom" and then we die laughing.
Or how about that I just come right out and ask Michael, "am I normal?" and he says, "nope".
And then we head out for mexican food.
Sometimes I screw w/ him and ask, "does my butt look big in this?" and as long as I'm just me and not emotional me, the nerd will say "yep"...but if he still wants a functioning penis, he says "No, in fact it looks tiny"
LOL
Now we all know that even when I was at my smallest, nothing I wore make my ass look tiny. I don't really care. I think we've both forgotten about it, but still it is fun to ask that annoying girly question.
If there is a cure for crazy, I want no part of it. There will come a time when the girls realize not ALL moms dance and sing on the couch to the stairs, to the trunk or rap about getting a bath. They will realize all the things that annoy them are what other kids are missing out on. I'll be the one taking them to concerts and singing all of the words, while all the other boring, hag moms will be shoving them off to baptist camp and pretending to like the nerdy yarn craft cross. "you better get that crap off of my wall before I sue a Baptist, what other crap did you learn?!"
Please, babies of mine. Think for yourself and don't ever be so mature that you make mommy want to barf. Make me proud and wear a sign on your butt that says 'this diploma is for you mom' at your high school graduation. Nothing else would make me prouder.
You can be the following and I will still love you unconditionally Brookelyn and Ashlee:
1. Be gay - so what. there are parents of murdered babies who would give anything for a grown gay son
2. Be Republican- it isn't like I'd be surprised, my mother's family is filled with them and who doesn't love a good conservative in a group of rediculous liberals? You might just balance our retarded family once and for all.
3. Adopt ancient Indian traditions- I would love that. It would mean I've taught you to love the world and all cultures and embrace all that is has to offer. (Plus I love Indian food)I don't care if my friends call you weird. You are my weirdo and I love you.
4. Not go to college- although I'm going to lay it on thick that you have no choice and when you see the alternatives you will go running as fast as you can to college....I will still love you if a choose another path. There isn't a right or wrong here...but might I remind you what min. wage will buy you. Just sayin.
5. Go to college far away- although I will kick and scream like a big baby, I'll give you that freedom. plus, it means you have dreams and aspirations, and ones that aren't in the dfw area, how can I rain on THAT parade. What I wouldn't give to have been more daring and ambitious. I will hate it, but I will love you.
6.Become a radical Christian- this isn't going to happen. (so there)
7. Join the armed forces. I know, how unamerican of me. I have separation anxiety -- so this isn't ideal for ME but if it is for you, I promise to wear yellow everyday in support of the troops. (I love you THAT much)
8. Get pregnant. I almost didn't list this one. I don't want it encouraged AT ALL. Please be a gay republican who enlists in the army and attends a southern baptist church!!!






