
This is B last week, I think on Tuesday... too cute.
Friday was A.M's 3rd b-day. It has been a fun couple of days. Everything has been so simple and yet, she has been on cloud nine. I'm at work, so no pics! Come to think of it, I haven't even posted Halloween pics. Hmmm, have I been this busy? I haven't even been online since Friday and even then it was briefly, so really Thursday. Every day is something but things are in balance.
Surprisingly, I do not have any plans, outside the ordinary ones this upcoming week. I feel like I'm just waiting on Thanksgiving holiday. I want some time w/ the girls where I don't have to take them to school or other activities. In fact, B was going to be a part of parade of lights in downtown Ft Worth, BUT, I am pulling out-- there will come a time where she will insist on being a part of stuff like this, but I say it is not worth the hassle! It isn't worth the traffic downtown and mobs of people. Little does she know she was born in to a home body family. We are perfectly content doing nothing. We were going to get out and grab a bite to eat for lunch today but I felt B's head and she had a low grade fever, then felt Ash and she did too! M offered to pick up lunch but instead I cooked the stuffed pasta shells. I did send him to Kroger for a few things, in which he manages to always buy something a little different than what I request. LOL. Oh well. The only thing he did not mess up was "dr.P". Yah, you heard me....a girl can only drink diet coke for X amount of days. I had some at my inlaws and also Fri evening and now the addiction is back. The lunch was nice and both girls ate some of the stuffed shells. They have their appetites, so that is good. I guess they have a little bug. I'm a genius, I know, and should be a doctor right? But, now the dilemma, do I send her to school in the morning if she is fever free from sleeping long enough w/o meds? Yes, I know it isn't 24 hours....but I'm beginning to wonder if I do that every time she will end up missing a ton of school in a given school year. I know a friend of mine who gave her child tylenol and sent her to school when she woke up w/ a fever. I giggled at her, like hello! BUT- I think when you work the during the day hours of M-F, you must be faced w/ harder decisions. I am not judging. Kids get sick, we make choices, decisions. I'm at work right now and little sickies are at home w/ Daddy. Tomorrow I work at 4pm and my MIL is coming over, so again, even if they are a little run down, I'll be there and they never have to leave home. So far so good on the idea of working this extra Monday shift. I have to say, it is a big decision for me. It isn't like I work 40 hours and made the decision to get a part time job....but still for me, at part time status, it was and is a tough decision. The reason it is probably going to be beneficial is b/c I can do things like I did yesterday--- take a Saturday off and not feel the $ sacrifice. I gave the shift to my coworker. Funny thing though, I didn't know what to do with myself. I should have just worked! But, whatever, sometimes just being together at home, is excuse enough.
I wish I had something more profound to say on here. However, I just don't. There isn't anything pressing on my mind. I don't debate. I'm not political. I'm not in crisis or distress.
Of course, like everyone else in the world, I am saddened over the Fort Hood shootings. I feel though, I've become programmed to almost, NOT feel. I hear these horrific events and fully understand it is in my backyard, essentially, when it is happening in my country, and essentially ALMOST feel nothing. I could be next. You know I watch enough Dateline and 20/20 to know, I could be victim next in a horrific crime. There is nothing to say about this, no great debate. There is nothing that can really be found out about the shooter that might 'explain' anything. It was a disgusting act, it cannot be undone, and all that is left is healing/moving on-- just like every thing else in life. Life is quite painful, but we try to heal, try to move on. It doesn't do any real good to have a scapegoat. I've tried that, when my mom died, it doesn't work-- blaming others who were treating her-- bottom line, she was ill, she died.
Also, with our petty car accident situation, it has been hard to not just let it go... no one was hurt...I KNOW, but injustice was done! Oh well. Move on. I'm just going to keep in mind, like I always do, that we are healthy, have good jobs, not to mention, two perfect daughters that bring the most priceless type of joy to life!
And now, another dilemma, do I go to Central Market for some bottled green tea? I'm so glad there are such stupid things to think about.






