Monday, November 30, 2009

Stupid BJs and Stupid Vampires



I would love this picture, if M wasn't making a stupid face. Ugh, buttcrack won't be serious for five seconds.

Have to tell my bizarre trip to BJs restaurant. We've been to others and recently just got one near our house. On Sat evening we decided to go.
I wore gouchos and flip flops, which is relevant to the story I promise.
B wore jeans, but flip flops
Ash had a short sleeved shirt on.

It was so busy when we got there. Michael put us on the the 1st available list. Fine, I was so hungry, didn't care. We got paged after 5 min and Michael goes, "wow that was fast, no telling where we'll be seated!"
Yah, no telling-- OUTSIDE.
I didn't even know they had a patio. I just stared at the hostess who was like, "he said first available and plus we have heaters out there"
Basically, she was saying, 'your stupid husband didn't seem to care so why should you lets go people'
The heaters would be awesome IF WE WERE UNDER ONE! We caught slight breezes of heat from another table though, so I guess that was nice. Ash was sleeping on me and had the goose bumps. The sun was setting and it was getting chilly. Suddenly flip flops seemed so very stupid.
Waiter came by and got our drink order
me- tropical tea
michael- beer
brookie- sweet tea (yes, at times, I give in and let her have caffeine, I mean, she IS Texan, no denying her love for sweet tea. I'm strict, not cruel)

A hundred years later...
waiter #2 comes "can I take yalls drink order?"
me, "i think someone did, but that was a long time ago"
waiter #2, 'ok, are yall ready to order'
we order.
let it be known, we hadn't gotten our drinks yet. wth.

random waiter, i guess this would be #3, hands out drinks, but no drink for B yet. They said, "we are out of sweet tea, it will be five minutes"
Ok, bring her something else.
THAT took a long time and A DIFFERENT person had to ask about the hold up on her lemonade.
Meanwhile, I'm not like the very weak tea given to me. I hate to complain but I had to.
However, i end up telling two or three waiters and end up with two different teas in front of me, one reg and one sweet (I thought they were out) and then they stand there looking at me, and ask me to try it and see if it is strong enough.
I'm cracking up. I've never had so many waiters but this is just down right annoying.
I chose the sweet tea.

We get our food and mine was supposed to be pepperoni and mushroom little pizza. Instead I get olives and pepperoni. I tried to like it, tried to pick off the olives, I am not unreasonable. I am trying to convince myself, it isn't so bad. Then, OUCH, i bit into something hard and start spitting food out on to my plate. I don't even try to cover my mouth or be discrete. I just start purging it on to the plate and Michael is like, "Candice, what the heck are you doing!! What is wrong w/ you?"
"Nothing is WRONG WITH ME! THERE IS SOMETHING UNABLE TO BE CHEWED INSIDE THIS FOOD AND I FEEL LIKE I'M ON CANDID CAMERA. I'M A PATIENT PERSON BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS. WE HAVE 7 WAITERS. I GOT THE WRONG FOOD AND NOW I'M SICK TO MY STOMACH B/C SOMETHING THAT ISN'T FOOD IS INSIDE MY FOOD"
M, "oh, what is it?"
I dig it out of the mush I just spit out and clean it off and it appears to be a hunk of wood. Nice.
I show it to him.
I show it to the waiter.
I show it to another waiter, who gets the manager.
I show it to the manager, who was very nice but I just said, 'look i don't like this attention and I'm full anyway and I'm not harmed'
they offered to make a new pizza. i only had a single piece before the wood incident. i said no b/c i didn't want the current pizza going in the trash. But, now I wish I had made them make it right.
They did comp the pizza but not the entire bill, which I think would have been most appropriate. I am not the type to make a fuss, but seriously?
So then I ask random waiter #2 or 3 for a tea to go. I got regular tea :(. I guess he didn't know one of the other 5 waiters brought me sweet tea or that I had 'chosen' sweet tea in the taste test they gave me earlier with an audience of waiters swarming me, waiting for a response.
I keep smiling, thinking, any moment candid camera will present itself and I will win the most patient customer award. They will say they tried to break me by being as ridiculous as possible and that I refused to get mad, get mean or cause a commotion.
Honestly, I just wanted out of there. We were FREEZING! I was Done! I had been up since 545am for my Saturday shift and here it was going on 7pm.

When we left, I said, "that restaurant experience was ridiculous and they are stupid to not give me vouchers or something b/c I am NOT coming back anytime soon. I was glad to get a Bjs but now I think a pretzel from the mall will trump this place for a while. They need to get their crap together before I come back. Good gosh, who is on 1st? How hard is it to serve the easiest, most polite person (me) on earth???"
M said, "I know"
and listened to rant the whole way to Blockbuster, where I rented 'twilight' and thought it sucked, couldn't get through it. DUMB.
I'm sticking to Olive Garden and chick flicks. No more adventuring to new restaurants and renting fantasy or sci fi movies. Stupid Bjs and stupid vampires.