
My sweet pirate girl turned six today. Seen here enjoying cake! The party was very nice w/ the perfect mix of friends and fam. Now that she is really getting older, it really all about the kids and having fun. We did our best and she was beaming ear to ear, what more could I ask for?
This morning after I had a little coffee, the girls and I went to the donut shop. The donut lady gave B some freebies for her b-day. Too sweet! literally! Later in the morning we gave her a few gifts. We decided NOT to get her a DS. We did however buy one game for Michael's DS and they played it together today for quite a while. It is called Scribble Nautz. I'm glad she has a daddy who likes to play games like that. We might re-visit the idea of her own DS at Christmas or maybe never. She hasn't said a word and seems to be content w/ what we got her. I hope that beyond gifts, she remembers what a great time she had, a totally fun weekend. It really has been non-stop fun and now I'm at work!
I'm pretty sure I have an ear infection at this point. My sis Kristyn said she would come out in the morning and I think I'll get my butt to the dr. I've held up as much as I can. After the party, I could have died, but once the crowd left, we got to enjoy a nice dinner out with M's fam. Ashlee slept the whole time.
We are so blessed. There is no other way to put it. I have the best friends in the world. Awesome family (mine and Michael's) who would literally do anything for us. It is not by accident that my girlfriends from Martin, my girlfriend fr college, my gf fr early mhmr years, are always always there for me! There is something to be said when a friendship holds up to the test of time. Kelli, Stacey and Andrea who only know each other through me are the greatest friends, in all seasons of life. Then there is Amber, who couldn't be any more nuts, who brings out the nut in ME, who would drive to the moon if I asked her to, wouldn't even question it, would just do it....who lets face it, I am completely lovin her back in TX, me back in NRH and her here too, well RH. That can't be accidental. I am grateful, so grateful. Over time I know I will continue to meet new gals. I have some great friends at my job! One gf, Aubrey, came w/ her kiddos to the party too. I have met awesome moms through cheer! I adore several of them, including B's coach who really couldn't be any sweeter if she tried. I know I sound like I'm just sucking up to everyone in my life, but people, there is no shortage of good people. I have a very intricate, diverse circle of friends and no two seem to be alike and no friendship is like another. Dang it feels good to be a gangsta.
Omigosh, need to post a pic of my sweet nephew Logan. I hadn't seem in a while and when I saw that little boy I grabbed him up! Yall, he is so darn cute! Being the only boy in the fam must be so hard for him, all the doting we do! Yah, sorry sweet Logan, I have two girls and it is so fun for me to get my boy fix!
I hope to post more pics soon fr. the party. Kelli, my photographer, lol, took several, thankfully! As did Nana! I have some on my cam too. Papparazzi always chasing Brookelyn!






