Friday, October 2, 2009

Day One of Birthday Weekend



this pic is so cool. i took it w/ my phone cam. let's get this party started. so it's Brookelyn's birthday weekend! First things first, a surprise trip to park - the one we pass everyday. We avoid parks during the hot months. They were SO excited about this surprise stop. I said, "well it is my big girl's birthday weekend, so we are only allowed to have fun!"
Ashlee becomes quite spazzmatic instantly. I love it. She just runs her jaw and puts it on red bull mode when she gets excited.
When we are there, I see a mom and little girl playing. Ok, cute right. Get a little closer, notice the mothers visible tattoos. Ok big whoop, I am no snob. I get a little closer, little girl is awkward and odd, see mother smile, UK teeth, or just bubba, perhaps previous meth user, who knows. AND who cares, me judge, NEVER! Then the mother sits next to me. I start texting, anyone, who might respond. We exchange a few words, and she says "she doesn't have any friends, we just moved here from Washington state"
I think to self- GOOD GOD GO BACK.
I say, "oh wow, that is far away!"
The awkward little girl w/ bad hair cut, frumpy clothes and odd behavior pretends to cry and bury her head in the gravel saying that MY girls won't play w/ her. Brookelyn seems to just shrug it off and sort of has a wierd look on her face...maybe wondering the same thing...'you aren't from around here'. B has always been fine w/ being solo. HMM, I have no idea where she gets that trait from, her father, I mean I have no idea. Ashlee starts to engage w/ the little girl which i find out is five. I kind of cringe but then I don't. Instead I get up, go push the girls in the swings, my girls, of course.
I couldn't help but think, 'what is happening to my neighborhood'. Sure nothing to write home about I suppose, but still, middle class.......but......lets be honest, I'm a stones throw from the neighborhood that I'm sure has a few meth labs. I've never really driven back in there, but what is to see? I have a good bubble over here on my side.
Ok, so nast teeth and odd little girl leave. I relax. Phew. Don't like discomfort. I see another mom setting up at a picnic table w/ a toddler boy and infant boy. Then, out of no where, this teenager comes walking thru the grass TALKING JIBBERISH TO HIMSELF. I think 'oh crap, i gotta get outta this crazy park'. I give it a couple minutes, see how close he gets, I see the other mom walk towards her car. I round up my kids about the time he gets close enough to say something about darth vader and impersonate a loud boom. GOOD GOSH WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY NEIGHBORHOOD.
Ashlee, "I'm going to run in one more circle"
Me, "No, you are going to come w/ me right now, we are leaving"
Totally stalling.
We left, but seriously, am I going to have to move?