Saturday, October 24, 2009

Main Dish of Moron



This was actually the pups 1st pic. We had just put them in the car. I know, I sound like a crazy person, picking up animals on the side of the road.....but....not any road.....my sisters and bro in law's private road out in the country where they live on Kelly's fams land......so, in my head, it makes this different. I could probably have turned away if they weren't running along side the car and looking so darn cute. The pic shows "Captain" laying on "Clue", Clue is the female and seems to crave the attention and love more. Captain is a spaz. He can steal anything from his sister, a dog biscuit or a toy, but just TRY to pry a bone away from her. She turns from sweet, docile pup to crazed bull. It makes me proud b/c Captain gets away w/ so much, so typical, the submissive, passive ones always get walked on by the spazzies! The dogs are great w/ the girls. They have adapted wonderfully to the crate, outside time, and organized inside time. They really just love it when we spend time w/ them, they fetch too. We've had maybe two partial "accidents" but b/c I am watching them if they are inside, they don't get to finish...I just pick them up and plop them outside. This is why when they are inside, they are in the crate. They can still see us and probably feel less alone than being out back all day and all night. So far so good.....but like w/ everything w/ me -- trial and error. If I've fooled you in to thinking I'm stable, then haha....I'd bring home a donkey and a pig if I had room!
Well, I am upset that Allstate denied Michael's claim. I am upset that we have to pay our deductible to get our car fixed. We still never got our garage door fixed! I am sad that it all has to happen around the holidays! Well, we just have to continue to be diligent w/ every penny. Reading Dave Ramsey has definitely opened my eyes and I am still working towards many goals. OH- and my parents got all of us gals and husbs tickets to see Dave Ramsey in March! How cool is that? I anticipate being inspired!
I am really trying to hang on to my peace and joy. Sometimes it isn't such a conscious effort. In fact, most of the time it isn't. However, it seems like some of my stressors in my life have caused me to not sleep well and overall get or be upset, aggravated or frustrated. I am naturally a very happy person. It's not a mask, it is who I am....but I'm also so mad at the lady that hit Michael who is now lying about what happened! Are people really this wrong?
She cannot have my peace.
Like Michael said, there is nothing we can do about the situation.

Yesterday I had a wonderful day w/ Stacey and her youngest, Nolan (who will be 3 in March). Ashlee and I met up w/ them for lunch and then went to pumpkin patch by my old church in Arlington. The kids got along great. They are both a little nuts so it worked out nicely. They had each other giggling too, it was so cute!
After picking up Miss B from school, I got to hear all about her field trip to a farm! She even got to milk a cow, lol, gross. She said it was gross too and that she washed her hands right away. I dressed her in overalls and her cowgirl boots. Those things are coming in quite handy. I think I need a cute girly pair too, to wear w/ my jeans! She had piggy tails and big white bows and was ready for the farm. What an angel! Those curly locks of hair and beautiful eyes. She is always a breath of fresh air and a total ray of sunshine! We picked up pizza and a movie and had Riley over in the evening to "celebrate" her getting perfect citizenship for the 1st six weeks. The girls giggled and talked. Ashlee crashed out at 630pm! We took Riley home just before 8pm. It was a long, but fun day. Today they are going to the school carnival w/ Daddy, mimi and papa and then going home w/ the g-parents and coming home some time tomorrow. Daddy is volunteering at a booth for an hour- wish I was there to get pictures! How sweet of him to help, especially since I cannot b/c I'm working! Melissa's wedding is tonight. :) Can't wait!