
Just an oldie but goodie of Miss A.M. b/c I'm sappy and nostalgic like that. It is true, they just don't stay babies long enough.
The weeks seem to faster these days. Here I am at work again, it is rainy, and no calls so far. I'm lovin it. A morning made MY way.
A few funnies....
Me to B, "How was school baby girl?"
B, "good. I got a sticker for being good in line. I think it says I'm a winner or something"
Me, "That is so cool! I'm so proud of you! You are a winner!!"
B, "you know what? you know who else is a winner?"
Me, "who!?"
She pulls the sticker out of her pocket and sticks it on my shirt. I wore that "I'm a winner sticker" all day!
Next day...on our way to school...
B to me, "Is Daddy off from work tomorrow?"
Me, "Yes, but I have to go to my work"
B, "I wish everyday was Labor Day"
Me, "oh ya? Why, b/c none of us have school or work?"
B, "yep"
B, "do wish that too? that everyday was Labor Day"
Me, "Yes, that would be neat"
B, "well when we find that wishing rock, that can be your wish"
Seriously? I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. I'm a somewhat gifted writer (lol) and I still could NEVER imagine up some of these conversations.
Me to Ashlee, "You better get happy so I don't have to put you in your bed"
A to me, "NO! I NOT HAPPY. I BERRY ANGRY TO YOU. I WANT CHIPS."
I'm so sure.
Ashlee to me on every day she does NOT go to MDO, "I go to school too today"
Me, "No honey, but Brookelyn does"
Ashlee, "I NEVER GO TO SCHOOL!!"
Me, "Yes you do, two days a week. Your sister is older and has to go five days a week"
Ashlee, "I NEVER GO TO SCHOOL!"
me, "Good comeback Ash"
I think she is making it clearer and clearer to me that next year she might need to be a five day/ a week program....maybe something like Sofia's school. It is certain hours, but five days. I love being a SAHM, but I guess Ashlee can handle only so much Mommy time and Spongebob. Yesterday she actually said, "YAY I CAN'T WAIT" when I said we'd be going to Walgreens before picking up Brookelyn.
Pathetic.
Let's see Ashlee, help Mommy find, the pads, daddy's hair spray, some greeting cards, nope not those, set that one down, set it down, Ashlee, put the card down, not on the floor, in the place you got it. Just let me find a few, four, ok 2 and we are outta here, I thought you were excited about coming here.
My mornings quickly turn in to evenings. I blink and lunch is now dinner and creativity is calling. Grilled cheese? quesadillas? Something w/o cheese? Chikfila? 2 times a week? I keep saying I want some lazy time but never permit myself to have it but then I think about how I'm usually laying in bed w/ my laptop and tv on around 830pm. Kids fed and in bed. The awesome thing is that they are so sleepy, they fall fast asleep and haven't been waking up as much during the night. We are all sleeping so hard and so sound, you'd think we were a family of loggers or something.
I do not think I have adult ADHD or ADD. I truly believe that possibly I am the manic sub-prototype of my mother. Out of her bipolar-ness, I'd tell you my sis is one side and I am the other. Kristyn is subdued, poised, classy-esque and would never miss work to w/ her girlfriends to the Galleria for lunch and ice skating. I, on the other hand am hyper, I bust out in rhymes and raps in front of my husb and children w/o warning. I still do Anna Nicole Smith impressions but usually b/c Michael does one first. I am immature at heart. I leave professionalism at work, the cubicle where it belongs. I might bust her out to speak w/ a teacher or coach, but that's pushing it. I'm not classy. If I've fooled you with my black slacks and frilly blouse, the HA gotcha! I am much better represented by my Britney t-shirt that says "You want a piece of me?". I find humor in almost anything, and sometimes at very inappropriate times. Just ask my friend Andrea, even when we were seniors in college, moments from graduating, poised interns at respected agencies, I could get us giggling like 2nd graders in class. The kind of giggling you can't stop and for me, tears come and before I know it I'm pretending it is as if the professor said something funny. What is so funny about subjective pain and the management of such pain, um, well NOTHING, but I'm so convincing you might think you made an entire serious lecture super HILARIOUS. My sister is the delicate flower. I am too, who pretends I am not and shields myself by being a fighting bull. Ying and Yang. The two poles of our mother's personality and disorder. Oh, and by no means am I calling her depressed and me manic. I'm not that simple minded. I'm just sayin we seem to capture our mother in different ways. It makes me laugh, and sometimes cry.
Truth is a little mania never hurt anyone. A person w/ Bipolar would tell you it is the best part of the illness. How do I know I'm not bipolar? I don't crash and burn. I don't experience depression. (at least not for zero reason). Yes, human, and average doses of depression but not like my mother. So anytime I find myself a little UP, a little manic, I think of something Amber said on her blog and now I'm gonna steal it.........
Hi, My name is Candice and I'm a recovering basket case.
In other news. Latoya Jackson made herself look kind of silly on 20/20 last night. She even has a song out where proceeds go to MJ's favorite charity. Whatever Latoya. She was probably told she couldn't speak to the press until MJ was buried and five minutes afterwards, there she was on all the shows. I'm not saying she isn't grieving, but gosh Latoya, do you hear yourself? You kind of sound like an idiot.
Yesterday was 9/11. I didn't post much on my Facebook or anything but enjoyed the President's speech and enjoyed reading other people's tributes and posts online. I don't know what to say about this, other than the fact I kept thinking about it. I thought about the widows who have remarried and the children who are now in college. I thought about the dead. I think about myself walking in to work, all oblivious every, single time and how when they did it, it was their last time. I think about the fallen heroes. The firefighters. I do think about the war but I'm still a little confused on what it has to do w/ 9/11 but nevertheless I couldn't help but think about the soldiers who are so faithful to our government and believe so eagerly in democracy- I can't help but be grateful to them. It isn't about race, religion, political parties, it is a humanity thing.
Are you keeping up? I'm all over the place, but it has been a week and homegirl has a lot to say.
Amber has to have some dental work done, why does this make me laugh? I'm mean.
Being financially smartER is hardER than I thought, but yes, Rome wasn't built in a day! Please please go out and get Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover, you will love it!
Whenever I find myself snippy w/ the kids, I go upstairs, open one of my many inspirational books, read even the smallest of uplifting quotes or poems and renewal takes place. Suddenly, gratitude takes the place of irritation. Then, I can play monster momma w/ the kiddos and hear those sweet girly giggles!
Slow down September. You have me shot-gunning my coffee, forgetting bowls, having nightmares about missing events, dreaming about plate lunches and lunch boxes and PTA forms. Cut it out September. However, thanks for the rain. Queen Candycane needed the down time!






