First the PINK concert review. Um, ok, back in June I looked in to these tickets w/ a fellow friend fr work. We both decided that it was a bad time financially to be dropping $85 plus fees on a concert. As the date got closer, I was getting more bummed, thinking I wish I would have just bit it and bought tickets! I grieved by listening to all her older stuff, even her very 1st cd which really is nothing like the stuff she sings now.
Soooooooooooooo, I got over it, the concert was around the corner and I had accepted the fact I wasn't going. (It was even more sad for me when I saw her on the VMA's performing, knowing she'd be Dallas in a week!)
THEN, Kelli called me, not randomly, we talk 10 times a day, maybe more. She is kind of like coffee, I have to have both in the morning, her and coffee.
She dragged out this random question of what was I doing Wednesday night (last night) and I'm thinking, spit it out girl......then she did......and it was inviting me to see Pink and I don't have to pay a dime. The Marine base that K's husband is stationed at (please forgive me if I mess this up) was gifted a certain amount of free tickets by Pink b/c her brother is serving in Iraq right now, and she comes from a military family, i.e., her father fought in Vietnam and her stepmom, a military nurse. WOW. She just GAVE the tickets out. Unbelievable. So how in the world I ended up at a concert I desperately wanted to go to with one of my best girlfriends and her sister Aubri and also K's other good friend Sabrina was nothing short of a miracle. AHHH, I always knew Jesus was lookin down on me.
Thank you Kelli - I am so struck w/ gratitude and I hope you know what last night meant to me. I think I was beaming ear to ear the whole time! PINK was an amazing performer, amazing live voice, amazing wardrobe, dancers, set, you name it, it was AMAZING!
I got very little sleep last night and have been struggling all day! I have barely moved. I wonder if my body thinks I have forgotten how to sit upright. No, not hungover, unless you consider Dr. Pepper intoxicating!
I do not joke about my sleep problems. They are on the for real tip! My body and mind would rather stumble around confused and sick before it lets me take a nap in the middle of the day. So, tomorrow, shall be much more productive as I am certain I will be asleep as soon as I hit POST on this blog. Grey's Anatomy will have to wait. Dang it, I was so excited to watch it tonight, well thank the dear lords, tv lords, for DVR!!
In other exciting news, B's pink and black girly pirate costume arrived today. I was like a kid ripping in to the package while she was at school. I was fluffing out the skirt part and laying it out for her. She was excited and couldn't wait to try it on, only I kept telling her know b/c I mean, well, tired, which pretty much equals mean. I finally let her try it on and she got grouchy w/ me about one party itching her. By this point, it is clear she has a head conjestion cold going on, we've had two arguments since she has gotten home from school and now we are both just tired and DONE. So, Michael walks in to me yelling at "stop freaking out brookelyn, only when I am mad i make brookelyn sound like a much longer name- BROOKE......LYNNNNNNNN
just like that brooke, an angry pause, and lyn as if it had 12 N's. Michael is like chill out, what's going on, calm down Candice. No! I'm tired, and I've been getting her attitude since 2pm and I am done!! At this point B and I have to separate. I got her sis in to bed and she fell asleep in 3 min or less before 7pm. SWEET! I go in to sit w/ B on her bed. She demands her dad instead. I said, "well I'm here and it is bed time........maybe since you don't feel well I will allow for a little tv in bed" So we found a dvd and popped it in. Michael came in and made her tell me thank you for being a sweet mommy. a little later i came in and told her i was sorry i lost my patience with her, but shes been grouchy and i'm extra tired today and that i'm sorry, i love you Brookelyn and i know you aren't feelin good" She said 'i'm sorry too, it's my head, it hurts bad'
I know, that this is just the beginning of battle of the wills w/ a daughter. It is a part of the life cycle. I want to encourage them to express w/ words their feelings and I freak when I see them use their hands, hitting, pushing, throwing a stuffed animal. Not cool. That crap turns into angry girlfriends who will slice a boyfriends tire. I lived in a home where anger was on exhibits w/ screaming, hitting, throwing, mugs, flower pots, cordless phones, oh heck, regular phones w/ chords too.
Anyway, I'm not at my best tonight. So Michael took over and I retreated.
Sometimes I wonder how is it possible to have these kinds of situations w/ a child when I love them sooooo much. I start to blame myself. Maybe I'm not a good mom? That CANNOT be it! lol.But, inevitably I point fingers at self. I am their teacher, of things good and holy. I gotta get this right.






