
A Candice washed ashore. Ahoy mateys. It isn't the drugs talking. Not really. Zyrtec D left system, as promised after 12 hours. My head is throbbing and ears are popping. Faith is calling. Well, so are the drugs. Let's face it, what I wouldn't give to be in my bed, not at work, taking Hydrocodone? Pfft. Real life. Sober, working, and hating every beloved second.
A Candice is a fibber you know. As if Candice unsober is a real thing. When does fact and fiction really mate, make babies, and keep life on earth moving and shaking? That is me. I am a conglomerate of such antonyms and oxymorons. You get the picture.
I don't think I'm "sick", just seasonal stuff, and not 100%, but pretty close. I don't think it is anything to go see a dr. over. I figure if I feel better when I have sudaphed or benedryl, then it must not be fatal. Phew!
P.S. This is my disclaimer to some friends of mine having a baby this week which I demand holding.
So I find myself reciting my calender. "Tuesdays B cheer, A tumble", "October 10 Granbury function", "Don't forget Oct 24, good friend gettin married"
Call this.
Call that.
Fax this next time at work.
B is turning 6 in two weeks. Yikes. We are keepin it simple, keepin it real. However, her desire for Pirate Party sort of aims right for the wallet. However, I also know that fun doesn't come in a mylar balloon (unless you are a helium huffer)....so I tried to not purchase things based on emotion. I got a lot of stuff at dollar store. (good find Amber!). It is easy as a mom to get caught up in the cake, the place, the decorations, the goodie bags. Will the other moms like the goodie bags? What a dumb question? Who cares? Are we competing? NO. I also have a hard time spending $ on COMPLETE CRAP! Yah, you heard me, I've gotten your tiny slinkies, your tattoos, pencils, erasers, and candy.
It was important to order her costume she wanted so badly. I presented other ones and she kept insisting on this other one. It was important to have some decorations and of course "the cake"......Cakes are important and shes not getting another one this fancy til her 16th bday.
Today we put B's old pirate costume from 3 years ago on A. Oh boy did she get in character. What big sis loves, little sis follows suit. What a ham in her pirate costume and Mommy spent nothing. Oh the joys of having hand-me-downs. I like how when they were both acting like pirates this morning they "fought" the "beast" which was Michael's golf clubs. Oh ya, AND I got it on video! Evil golf clubs! Die! JK, they didn't say die, I did- to myself, as they said "Fight the beast!".
We have settled in to our new routines rather well. M for sure, w/o question takes Miss B to school on Wed and Thurs. I can usually get him too on one other day, sort of like a wild card. Otherwise though, the other days, I do not mind. On Wed. A goes to MDO 9-2 and I work 930-130- ya 4 hours, doesn't sound like much but adds up fast! On Thurs when she is at MDO, I do not work, it is ME time. Last Thursday I got my roots touched up. I found a great salon near my house. Email me privately if you want any other info. Nana had an Internet safety patrol in her classroom last week and has put the fear of Satan in me now. I don't want a private blog though! It is hard not to mention my city! People, places, things. Please, creepy van with creepy man, keep driving, that's right, you want none of this. I was a hottie in college but now I'm just a SUV drivin mom! Fine by me. As for my children. My prayer when they are not in MY care is that they are in the next best thing, maybe even better care! I think I pay good $ for A's safety and I think the houses that feed in to B's school could sneeze out my mortgage in a month......so I think that school is protection at it's best, just sayin. You think I didn't do all on accident? Oh, there are times what I wouldn't give to have a loft style 2 bedroom house in downtown FtW.......but I think that means sending kids to private school and driving over 20 min to get there. Bump that. I'll stay in my mediocre house, surrounded by others that look just like it, drive the suv instead of a sassy 2 door something.....these are the best years of my life.....and moreso of my daughters. Their father works his tail off for this "mediocre" life. Clearly I am joking. I could die in that house, (a long time from now of course). I am sure he wonders why I watch HGTV w/ their fancy renovations. Hey, hun, I do not need granite countertops and my 80s style garden tub feels no different than an updated one. Truth is I lay there in it, staring up at the skylight, and remember to always, always be grateful.
I should really go to church. I'm so church material. teehee. I'm just lazy, not agnostic or anything, plus it's complicated. OK, it is laziness. I get like a few hours before going to work. If you think about it though. Church is in your heart. What you say, no congregation...ah-hem- what the heck is a blog reading follower? More than one of them? A congregation! And clearly, my blog is a spiritual clense.






