
This is just a pic of Stacey and I the night of the concert, at dinner w/ the boys. Oh, btw, I wore fake eyelashes for the first time ever. Super easy! I loved them.
At work tonight so I get to blog. Tomorrow we have Logan again, but only til noon. Then B and I have hair appts at a nearby salon. When I say nearby, I mean like less than one mile. Although I LOVE my friend/hair styler in Arlington, it is just getting more difficult to go. She books up fast and even when I book way in advance, I find myself having a hard time making the appt and finding child care for the girls. If this salon works out, B and I will have it made! Although she doesn't need to go very often, I still have to have someone who knows what to do w/ these beautiful curls. Wish us luck. I was going to get a bunch cut off, which B was actually in favor of, but I told her yesterday, lets just do a trial 2 inches, maybe a few long layers in the back, nothing dramatic. I still need her to have piggy tails, especially for cheer competitions! Her hair kind of looks long and awkward in pigtails and her ends are getting frizzed. Oh the curls! After her appt is mine for highlights, no hair cut. Amy will watch the kids at my house while I do that.
Had a fun time w/ A and H and ALL our kids last night, mexican food, margaritas and lots o' laughing. The kids did great. In fact, Ashlee was so great, she slept thru the entire thing. I was like "Hi God, you rock".
Today we did tumbling and then I came over to work around 530p. I'm here til 11. I fill in for these shifts when I can b/c they rarely pop up. Hey, if MHMR wants to pay me to have an evening away from the kiddos, blog and watch t.v, then who am I to argue?! Sometimes I do feel a little bad that M has to do all of the 'mommy' routines but I figure it is good for all three of them. Plus, how bad is he feelin when he is getting lunch w/ the work guys at some cool place in Las Colinas while I'm at home scrubbing fecal matter off of the walls or barreling through Target w/ a toddler under one arm, pushing B in the cart with the other arm and desperately needing a third arm to pick up the carrots or take one lil sip of my iced black tea from Starbucks. Can't a Momma have a tea while she shops? So when I think about his 9-5 M-F and my 9-5 M-F and how mine does not exist, then I realize nights like these are really just a precious gift to me.
Upcoming events-
Aug6-9 New Braunsfel/Schlitterbaun w/ the extended fam- super yay! I just wanna curl up with my sisters and have a glass of wine and giggle. (Well 2 of my sisters anyway- Amy and Jess) Thank you parentals for the house rental. Nice.
Aug. 11- M and I celebrate 8 years. Can you believe it? I compare him to a limb. I wouldn't want to live w/o a leg, and likewise that is how M is to me. I've been leaning on him, dependent on him for so many things since I was 19. Neither of us are perfect people. This is not a perfect marriage.......but more and more all I really want is my little family, me making cookies, watching movies, just living a simple lil life. Nothing more major HAS to happen to complete my life. If I embark on any big changes these next few years, I still just want the simplicity of what I have to remain. Does that make sense?
Aug. 18- Amy turns 31.
Aug. 19- my mom's death day - marking 12 years- ya, fun day, also the birth of my first nephew who passed away at 6 days old. This date shouldn't even be allowed to be on a calender. Ya know? If Kristyn has off, which normally she does, we try to be together.
Aug. 20.- Meet the teacher night! So cool! I love that Andrea and Nate will be there w/ Riley, so it will be good times w/ friends!
Aug. 24.- B starts Kindergarten
Aug. 26- A starts her MDO back up again, half days the first week. She will be attending the same days as last year Wed. and Thurs. I had originally put her on a waiting list for Tue. as well but now I'm thinking no way, not w/ my B going to Kindergarten!! I will need my A!
That is Aug. in a nutshell. Where is summer going so fast? I'd like to pick up more work hours when the girls are in school. It is really about need more than want. The girls are getting more expensive. I love watching them both excel in Tumbling. B has just about perfected a cartwheel, and just today I saw her do a perfect toe touch on the trampoline. She kept exclaiming "look Mommy!!" How can I groan about working a little bit more when I get to see all that in action! We are gearing up for another exciting cheer season. B is on the Tinys again and I'm so glad b/c we/she are with some old friends (and making some new ones). She is only "tiny" once! I was also asked by a fellow team mom/friend if I wanted to be a team mom too w/ her and one other team mom/friend that I know. I was so flattered she would ask me, I said Yes immediately. I want to be a part of everything so this 2nd year for us should be even more exciting than last year! Have I ever mentioned I'm a cheer mom? LOL. And yes, Ashlee is in line. She can't wait to do what big sis. She says it when B is out there practicing, "I wanna go to cheer leading too Mommy". I tell her, "Give it time little one! You are 2!"
Speaking of little mess....yesterday in Target......."I'm berry angry" she says to me. I say, "You are?" - Of course she was, I had to grab her arm b/c she wasn't listening to me. She is so lucky I'm not white trash and that I keep my composure. She says, "Yes, I'm berry angry to you". I say, "I'm sorry you are feeling angry with me, I hope you can feel happy soon" She goes, "No I just berry angry". I go, "let me know when you get happy" And she said, "No, I not happy"
I drop it. The conversation was going nowhere.
Later that night, Michael asked her if she was still angry. She started to say yes and I said, "You are happy tonight right!" Finally she caved. "I so happy"
OK WORK IS BUSY ALL OF A SUDDEN.......GOT TO RUN......






