Saturday, June 13, 2009

I CARE 24/7 365







It is only 12:30pm, what like ten more hours? No the sun isn't bothering me, it is keeping me alert. So far, this super, mega long shift isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is keeping me "busy" and giving me a chance to just play, mind you, in a tiny room, but I do have windows, a tv, and internet. Hello!
The girls called me from their grandparents this morning, all excited to be going to see "up" at the movies. Their voices are so sweet on the phone. M is golfing today, I think w/ a boss or something. I don't know details, it is hard to get him to waste details on me. LOL.
I wish I had something more profound to say. I don't. I've become a bore, a creature of habit. When I'm not busy, I'm thinking about what is about to make me busy. Hmmm, anxious much?
Last night I fell asleep thinking about how awful of a teacher I would be. Amy and I always joke that I would get fired on day one for saying a bad word or telling some kid to suck it. I used to really, really LOVE kids. Now, I just really really love MY kids. I am also partial to girls. If you are a male and you are related to me and I've given you the indication that I like you, or even love you, consider yourself blessed by yours holy truly. Boys, men, yuck, this chick has issues but so what. If I slipped up and had a son, I know it would be chance to teach him how to be the man, to be like the very few I am fond of. One time I let Dad know he was one of the elite members of "You are a man and I do not hate you" club and he quietly said, 'um, thanks' and kind of put his tail between his legs.
So anyway, back to me being a teacher. IF I was one, it would probably be for middle school b/c if I slipped up and said 'good gah shut the crap up before i flip!' they may be understanding. But! I wouldn't let anyone be in Mrs. Candice Lee Schneider Van Zandt Heinsohn's class. A woman with this much legacy, this many names, will hand pick her students. I want smart, cute, well to do girls. I wouldn't take any boys. Boys are just in another world at age 12. They are walking around with boners and getting hot and bothered at the sight of their younger sister's naked barbie doll. They play with themselves as if it is the first time they have met their penis. Girls are so not wired like this. They show up to class ready to gossip and pass notes. They are not thinking about their vaginas. If they are boy crazy it is b/c they want a boy to carry their backpack, call them on the phone and talk til 2am. Crazy thing is NOTHING ever changes. There are 50 year old men playing w/ their parts and 50 year old women just wanting to be talked to and held.
No poor kids in my class. Lower class is fine, but stinky kids tick me off. By age 12 even if your parents have no money you still should know how to groom properly. I've seen homeless alley cats look like prize lions. If you are poor and stinky, I'd have nothing for ya. I was poor and somehow I still showed up to school looking the part of a middle class teen. It is called pride. If your parents haven't you taught you pride, I doubt there is any hope that I could teach you about nouns. (In my fantasy I teach English- yes I realize I'd have a lot to learn).
I would be such a cool teacher. Sometimes I think those I know who work full time have it right, have it made by being a teacher.
Don't misinterpret me, I AM NOT GETTING CERTIFIED TO TEACH. That takes a special someone and I'm not that special! I belong w/ the mentally ill. You can say the words "that sucks" to a caller and they feel connected not violated, the way a bratty kid would. MOMMY MOMMY MY TEACHER SAID 'THIS CLASS SUCKS I'M OUTTA HERE' TODAY!