
Our three nights in Corpus Christi FLEW! I could have used one more night, I would have loved to lay on the beach for an entire day. Yes, I love the sun, especially that coastal sun with it's calming breeze. As one might know, I am not a fan of humidity but if there is a breeze, I can totally hang. I had gotten well from a terrible respiratory infection just in time for the fun. However, Michael had thrown his back out a few days prior and it got WORSE on vacay. He was unable to play golf with Jeff on one of the prettiest courses in Texas! He instead road along w/ Jeff and watched Jeff play. I wanted to cry for him. While he was off w/ Jeff, the girls and I went over to hang with Stacey and the kids. We played at the beach for two hours outside her and Jeff's condo, ate some lunch, then hit her condo pool for two hours. I've never seen my girls play so hard. All of our kids were having a blast! I am so happy our vacations lined up so we could see one another. They live in Granbury, not far, but our lives are so busy we lose connection. As most of you know, Stacey and I were once joined at the hips, we were (and always will be) super best friends. I love her. We got to see them one more time, our last night there, we ate at a cute place in Port Aransas, GOOD TIMES!! All of our kiddos were great!! - And remember we each have a toddler! :)
On Saturday, despite M's crappy back, we took the girlies to Texas State Aquarium located in Corpus Christi. Our hotel was actually on North Padre Island, about 15 miles from the city. The aquarium was fine. I feel like it is all we do when we travel. I'm sort of over seeing fish in a tank. There are dolphins but we didn't stay long enough to see the dolphin show. It was hot, crowded, and of course M was doing well enough keeping upright. Afterwards, I picked up my ankle bracelet this lady at a stand was making for me, ten bucks! I hope it doesn't break but it is super cute. After that, the girls and I hit the pool at the hotel and then the beach again. I tried to just soak up every ounce of the vacation. I totally relished in my girls happiness as they dug in the sand or ran in to the ocean to flop in to a wave. They were so giddy! We didn't shop much but B did get a basket of shells and A got a fishy snow globe. I kept trying to get A to put the snow globe down b/c it was glass but she insisted on it. I got myself two swimsuit cover ups, one that I tried to pass off as a dress of could be worn with jeans, totally cute. We picked up a few little things on our way out of town, but really I can't stand traditional souviniers, the key chains, magnets, etc...ugh, such a waste of money. I do love the jewelry or neat night lights or cute tops you can sometimes find in those shops. I however did not get such items. We were on a major budget and I was determined to stick to it. I felt a little guilty for the two cover ups I bought but I knew I wouldn't find such cute things back at home. I'm wearing one right now as I lounge on my couch!
The drive back was brutal. I drove the whole way due to M being in such discomfort. He had offered to help and I said no way! I wouldn't want him expecting ME to drive if I was in that kind of pain! We only stopped I think 3 times. We left at 11am and got home at 6 p.m. Boo for long drives!! We are not a car trip kind of family. The girls did ok for most of it but were hitting their limits and started fighting. Oh the joys.
Here is a site of the hotel we stayed at
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ss/1/en/hotel/pdino
and
http://www.texasstateaquarium.org/
and
http://www.cctexas.com/
I would love to go back and do and see more! Now, it is back to the grind! More pics to come!!






