Saturday, May 30, 2009

On the Mend



My sweet Geppetto has been the best cuddle bug while I have been sick BUT I think I can safely say, I am on the mend. I am at work, two more hours to go and have really felt ok. My throat is a little raw so I notice me speakin softer (I know, I didn't think it was possible either) to the callers. I got some antibiotics from my friend Andrea. Michael went to her house last night and picked them up. They are a recent RX and she ended up not having strept and not needing them. I think I'll take them all even if I feel super great in a day.

I am a week behind on everything. I have so much to catch up on, and oddly I am excited about working today and tomorrow, as it gets me out of the house. Hopefully this week I'll have plans, have a reason to straighten my hair and put make-up on! I am tired of seeing the reflection of a hobo when I look in the mirror. DISGUSTING. I didn't know my eye lids could get greasy.

Last night, out of no where, Miss B was like, "I have a surprise for you Mommy" and of course, I was still feeling sick but I tried to act surprised and say "What is it?!!!"
And she bent down and kissed me on my cheek and said "I LOVE YOU!"
Ok, this is like the 5th time in a couple weeks she has done this, and you know it is genuine b/c it is so random.
I said, "Wow! What was that for!- Is this for telling Daddy yall could stay up for 10 more minutes?"
B, "Well, yes, that, AND for letting us go inside Mcdonalds today!"
I wanted to cry. She is the sweetest. That was a very last minute, hesitant decision. I was not dressed right, I felt HORRIBLE and I thought I was doing good to hit the drive thru and get them happy meals....but as I pulled in, it is as if I could smell their sadness and boredom. Here is was, their first week of summer and Mommy is too sick to do anything fun. So I pulled in the parking spot and B asked what I was doing. I said, "We are going in. Yall deserve it. You've been nothing but good to me while I've been laying around feeling yucky" It is the truth. I could not ask for better girls, and they have been great company.
They went totally nuts when I said we were going INSIDE Mcd's. They know I don't like to go inside when I'm feeling fine, let alone, feeling crappy. They were squealing with laughter and I might as well pulled up to the gates of Disney.
For Miss B to think about this all day and tell me thank you again last night was more than I could ask for. Typically she is more lovy w/ her Daddy, but here lately I see her being so sweet to me, and also competeting w/ Ashlee a little for my arms around her. Ashlee tells her, "MY Mommy, your Daddy" even if Michael isn't home! There is no arguing w/ Ashlee and B knows she is always going to be my baby.

The other day, Ashlee went #2 in her pull-up, announces it, and I had to take her bathroom, she got in on her hand and I was huffing and puffing, and she goes, "Mommy, you're beautiful" and she grabbed the edge of clothes. Ha! Charmer. It is like she knows when I'm fed up and she knows how shallow I am, just tell me I'm gorgeous, even when I'm not and no one gets hurt! The funny thing is, when B or A have told me I'm pretty, on some level, I really believe it. I believe them. I think I probably am very pretty in their eyes. Also, it isn't like they say it everyday, but something I'm wearing might cause them to say it. Such angels really. Is anyone barfing yet? (Gah. All Candice does is talk about how perfect her girls are)

Well. duh.