Well, I tried to take a pic of us, another M-day's photo. Ok, the house is freakishly quiet and I am really loving it. The girls are in Dallas at their grandparents. I am working a ton between today through Sunday. Although I complain about working, the truth is I am so thankful for the extra money, the adult time, and doing what I set out to do when I went to school. Today was a little crazy. I worked til 5pm and the phones were INSANE. I got the biggest headache and my ear is throbbing. I don't want to hear a phone ring for a long time. I don't want to talk. I don't want to use my sympathetic voice. I don't want to say in my sweet, nice voice, "Good luck and I'm so glad you called today!". How did I even manage to say this on the 100th screening in a row. I amaze myself. I set it to autopilot and forget what I'm saying or doing. I've become awesome at typing, printing and talking, who knew I still had it in me? I thought kids had turned my brain to total mush! I don't know what I'm even doing on this stupid computer. My eyes hurt, my hands hurt, boo hoo. People do this everyday, all day. I am just so spoiled on my weekend shifts. I was told by my co-chicas that today was an insanely busy day, busier than norm, due to being short staffed.
Although I do not discuss work conversations on here, I have to say this one funny thing. I have to ask anyone that I screen in for services a series of typical mental illness questions and one of them is "do you see or hear things that are not there?" One lady got me laughing b/c she said something about seeing her mom about 20 years ago come in and out of the room and her mother was deceased, but "other than that, I'm pretty sure everything I'm lookin at is really there" and she starts laughing. I started laughing b/c I guess that is the assumption we are all making.
One man was very manic today, so much so, he got MY heart racing w/ his rapid speech. I was anxious after getting off the phone and had to take the long way to use the restroom.
I love it though.
Ok, well my sweet Geppetto is rubbing his nose on mine, that is my cue.






