
Here is my sweet Ashlee Morgan at her first dress up and tea. It wasn't a party, just an outing with big sis Brookelyn, Mommy, and our friends Amber and Sofia. I just wanted to hurry and post one of the many cute pics I took of my angel. I use the term 'angel' loosely. I sort of like the mom who calls her child 'sugar' or 'honey plum' while I'm threatening to spank her when we get home. My 'angel' is nothing but of course, but of course I'm blind and biased. :)
I have really enjoyed Spring Break! It has been fun, relaxing, and beautiful! Michael is taking Mon. and Tue. off next week and I'm taking Sun. off so having three days off together is going to be like a vacation! We are considering taking the girls somewhere fun on Monday. We have some ideas but no decisions.
This morning........B, "Mommy, are you going to make up breakfast today?"
Me, "sure baby! What would you like, eggs?"
B, "No, you know...pancakes"
Luckily we buy the already frozen kind. How pathetic I don't make breakfast early enough......or at all. That is not really true, but I assume the soy and chocolate milk should suffice. One of my new years resolutions was to be better at breakfast. Tonight I told B I'd make french toast in the morning if she'd like. A mother should always make time in the morning to make her kids breakfast, I mean what is wrong w/ me. I'm a stay at home mom, on most days, geez.
Me, peeing, Ashlee starts clapping, "Good girl Mommy! I'm so proud of you"
Me falling off laughing.
So, tomorrow night I go in to work at 11pm, ugh, and get off on Sat. at 3. That's right, another 16 hour shift. Should be interesting! I hope it is quiet like last time. The girls will be at their grandparents in Dallas Fri and Sat night, this gives me plenty of time to catch up on sleep after the shift. I have to say, it is very wierd driving to work after my bed time! When people ask me why I sign up for these shifts, it is very simple, I make a lot of requests that others cover. I don't try to keep up with who covers which shifts, I just try to gather shifts I think I can cover. I have to be a team player. It isn't that big of a team and we are covering a 24/7 unit. Even under disaster situations, we route the phone to a back up cell phone. So yes, under extreme cases, we can answer from a cell in our car. Tiff and I had to do it when we heard a loud boom and our power went out for a bit.
I want to start featuring good and bad businesses -- you know, the small town type. I have a bad one but I'm going to save it for the best 'bad' review you have ever seen. If you know me well at all, you know I am impossible to anger and keep pissed. I mean really, I'm like a puppy, I just hear 'sorry' and I'm all over you, licking you head to toe. Well, like I said, I'm saving my review for a blog all of it's own.
However,
given the picture above-- I'd like to endorse "Lets Pretend Tea Party" in historic Grapevine, http://www.letspretendteaparties.com/
We have now been twice- once to Sofia's b-day party and then today, just for fun! Each time the girls have a blast. There is princess music playing, delicious cup cakes, lots of dress up clothes, total girly venue!! Today, to have tea and cupcakes, dress up, have your make up and nails done, it was $9 per child. They are starting to do it during the regular week. It just started and we assumed was a Spring Break special. We were excited to hear it will be a regular thing they have going on. What a great idea! It was A's first real dress up and tea time so I was happy to see it go so smoothly. I was happy to see the smiles on the girls faces! Amber and I loved all the girly photos we got to take of our beautiful princesses. I have nothing negative to say about this wonderful small town business. I hope anyone who comes across my blog and reads this will consider taking their princess to enjoy some girl time. There is a shop in the front filled with gorgeous boutique apparrel and other products, lots of unique items such as - clothing, bow holders, bows, tutus, flip flops, caps w/ crosses stitched on them.....
If you have been before, please feel free to leave a positive comment!






