
Another chapter, but probably a short one, I'm sleepy and have an early shift to get ready for in the morning.
The pic above is of Dad giving me my bday spankings on my 4th bday. We were at my Grandma Lou's house in Wedgewood part of Fort Worth. I remember the house very well. Good times. I loved it when I was told we were going over there. Hello, I had instant an cousin, Amy, the day my folks got married. Hmmm little did we know, years later, I'd be adopted my aunt and uncle, But that is ANOTHER BLOG. We have so much ground to cover.
This is one of those sweet, priceless photos b/c there are so few that capture this kind of happiness from my early years. It isn't like anyone had a digital camera and parents just weren't that dilligent w/ picture taking. So, I hang on tight to the goodies. If you look close you can see all of my life's dreams in the beams of my eyes!! So full of life and joy! I had no idea what twists and turns were ahead, I only remember being so full of happiness. I mean at this time, I didn't know my mother was any different from any other mother. She never stopped loving me during her struggling. However, visiting her at the hospital or rehab was just status quo. I didn't know what that meant. Although no man was going to come close to understanding her or her illness, I think at this time, the early 80s, my dad was doing the best he could. They were in their late 20s, caught somewhere between party mode and parent mode. No one knew crap about mental illness as it was back then, compared to now! Dad was no exception. He probably kept saying "what, she's retarded? no she is not. that does not make sense"
ugh, not mentally retarded! MENTALLY ILL. She has highs and lows. That is not normal. Ohhh the education Adult Candice could give to my naive parents back then. There were only so many tools they came equipped with. I will always have praise for them for loving us girls and mostly, for giving me Kristyn. I deserved her. She was a dream come true.
Ok, going to sleep......






