Monday, March 9, 2009

BABY ADULT



Ok, seriously, this blogging- OUT OF CONTROL! I've been journaling since 1986. So far I'm enjoying this new flash from the past journey I am taking. Catharsis- does a soul good. You know when you've let your soul go and you forget about it b/c then it bites it in your bobo, to say 'get up and nourish me some soul!'
So, the above pic, me age one, I think this is best I can do -- as my MIL had requested a 1st bday pic. I could ask some relative though. The other is me on my 31st bday. Fun to see it side by side.

This is the last story probably until weekend when I work next or something b/c I've been a blogging fanatic lately and Mommy needs a break.

We left off with me having a dad but it not being the same dad that was there at my birth. Turns out, its not a big deal. Thankfully, b/c the last thing I needed as I grew up was to be in counseling over THAT. It was a smooth transition like most adopted kids. There is no wondering or looking back when you are getting the love your little life needs for survival.
Then Mom gets pregnant w/ baby Kristyn, happiest time of my life, hands down. I was 5 and about to be a big sis. She was born March 30, 83- and our family was complete. We lived in a posh neighborhood in a beautiful home near the likes of lawyers and doctors. It was my longest stay in a childhood home and the bulk of my happiest memories and some of my saddest memories. What do I remember most? Playing outside, until the street lights came on, playing in my playhouse in backyard, self entertaining until falling asleep in the grass, I was always on a mission. One neighbor was rumored to have rock salt in his back yard, a group of us 7 year olds went and sure enough, there it was, a licking frenzy waiting to happen. I don't remember either parent being mean to us. If they were, then I have blocked it. But really, it was just life, cable tv, family vacations, slumber parties, cute clothes, mother made my bows, joined pta, bought me hamster after hamster and my first golden lab, Honeybear, against my dad's wishes. oops. he was pissed but that dog became MY best friend until I forced away from her at age 15.
Life was good, my mom had her spells of sadness and drinking, but overall, it was the 80s and we were all just trying to be a part of the American dream. We pulled it off, for a while..........