
Could anyone look more innocent? She really is the biggest sugar plum on earth! However, she also happens to be the world's largest FIRECRACKER! Night before last she actually did her prayers and poem in all "meows". It was right in sync with the rest of us, but instead of words, she did "meow". Michael and I couldn't hardly get through it w/o laughing! She is hysterical.
Yesterday we had a busy day. We ran a few errands and ended up at mall. The girls did great! I mean better than usual. Kristyn was getting her hair done at T&G so we were able to eat together at the mall. Ashlee even went potty twice, stayed dry all day except for going #2 at the mall. That is when I decided it was time to leave. I got the girls home, and tried and TRIED to nap A.M. She wasn't having it. I turned on her Veggie Tales CD and told her I'd be back to check on her. I was gone for about 20 minutes doing other things in the house. She would not stop fussing. Finally, probably pushing 30 min not 20, I decide to get her out and I will just rock her (like I normally do anyway) and I think "man, she is good, she wants to be held!" I wanted to clean but what Ashlee wants, Ashlee Morgan gets! So I go to open the door, she locked it. I grabbed a screwdriver and had it open in no time, I'm becoming really good at picking her lock. I open door and she is totally naked, again no big deal, what was I expecting? That she'd stay clothed? Ha! That's funny! I'm more surprised when she keeps herself dressed. But, then, I smell A&D ointment. There is a basket on her dresser with diapers, pull ups, powder and A&D. I think OH CRAP - where did she smear this stuff. I'm thinking 'is it on the walls? her bed sheets? her toys?' NOPE. LOOK CLOSER- her face is shiny, HER WHOLE BODY IS SHINING! That girl rubbed an entire large tube of A&D ointment on her body, head to toe. I dropped my jaw. "Ashlee Morgan Heinsohn! That is very naughty. Why did you do this?" She says, "I dunno" in the most innocent, sweet voices. It is hard to be upset. She is two. Granted, Miss B never pulled stunts like this. Miss B was and is too laid back to get in to that kind of mischief. I think she figures, 'why bother'. She is like her daddy, very logical, very laid back. A.M doesn't want anyone to get too comfy. So, I pick her up, trying not to get her too close to me, she is slipping from my grasp. I take her to bath tub and start filling it up and as I dump water on her, it bubbles up on top of her skin. By rubbing the ointment so thick all over her body, she made herself water resistant! LOL. I do my best, soap and water but overall it did little good. She was still greasy. I tried to rock her to sleep but she wasn't having it. I gave up and she looked up at me and said, "I go play now?" I said, "Yes, you win, go play, you're going to bed early tonight"
SO- backing up- I went to mall to find some spring clothes for the girls. The girls grandmas (nana and mimi) got them started w/ Gymboree and Gap clothes that I'm super excited about! However, they are girls, must get more. Plus, I had a coupon for 20% my entire order at Gymboree. Anyone who knows me, knows I am not an avid shopper. I do love shopping for the girls. I like the idea of them having a set of nice clothes and then I can supplement with Target, Wal-mart, Old navy (sales) as the season goes on. Also, one of the perks of me sacrificing my time on the weekends to work is that I get to provide a few extras for my beauty queens. I have to say, what a high! I can see how people can become addicted to "buying" but I think the main reason I don't like shopping is b/c I don't want to be guilty later. I do not feel bad about this shopping trip though. It gives me joy to be able to provide for my girls. Michael works so hard and sacrifices so much, I sometimes feel like a pampered princess. I'm not, not even in the least, but I know what an awesome life I lead. It just gets better. I just get happier. I found a few items at Gap Kids but mostly Gymboree which it is usually the opposite. In fact, I couldn't be sure that my MIL hadn't already gotten the same items. I came home and looked through the stuff she sent home and was glad to see we got different items. Yay, no returning! The stuff I got at Gap was cute too, some red pieces, totally adorable. I got Miss B a size 8. Is it me, or does their stuff look way tiny? They are the type of tops that can be worn w/ shorts or jeans and is long so she can get a lot of use for a long time. The summer dress I got Ash from there matches one of B's tops, both are spaghetti strap and I'm thinking pictures! I met a lady at Sam's Club (yes leave it to me to make friends at Sams) but she has her own photography business, does VERY cool pics, very artsy and fun - very "in". The website is www.mamamia000.com Those are zeros not "o"s. She lives in my town. She also makes bows! HELLO! SAINT? I am so anxious to do a photo shoot of the girls. I might jump in a couple of shots too, but I hate how I am my worst critic. It ends up not being fair to the girls who look so cute but then I decide to trash the pic b/c I hate how I look! Terrible of me. But, I'm thinking, wear all black for starts and ask Cindy (my new Sam's friend LOL) how I think I look best. Then we'll probably do another shoot of the 4 of us. I'd like us to get some summer tans first. Anyway, this lady has a 4 yr old daughter, cute as a button, very social and a good advertisement for the bows.
And, she is very reasonable. Kelli verified that one for me! Kel is my bargain girl and if she says something is reasonable, don't ask questions!
I have another outfit I found on www.etsy.com for the girls.....gotta think about it.
I know this blog is terribly long, I'm sorry. I use this as a journal and I get carried away. Plus, it is slow at work- finally.
So I was watching Oprah and it was about the sucky economy and "tent cities" in America. It brought me to tears. There was a lady named Favor, and three kids, her husb was staying w/ friends. They lost their condo and jobs, etc due to the economy and now live in shelters. This family looked like me, my family, my kids. My head starts racing. How could I get them to Texas? Surely my friends and family and I could help them get an apt. With all of the non profit agencies I am aware of, surely I could help them. I even have family members with furniture they are trying to get rid of. I know, I sound insane. Today I went on the website, there is just no easy way to contact people, for good reason. http://www.sacloaves.org/ - this is the organization helping Favor and her family now. I think her husband has found a job as a janitor but they are still homeless. I know, I need to put my money where my mouth is and start helping out some of the local agencies here in Fort Worth. However, there was something so humbling and humanizing about Favor's story. A regular family from the suburbs who failed to save up and now look. How do I know it won't be me next? First of all, our families would convert a garage if they had to shelter us. We are just that blessed. So, while shopping at the mall, I was overwhelmed with guilt a few times, thinking that shopping was s past time for Favor and her family, how they carried all of their belongings in a large trash bag. And, how the son got a Wii player last year for his bday which had to be later sold for money and this year all he wants is a cake and love. What a powerful lesson he is learning, the absolute hardest way. So while I'm grabbing shirts that match for my girls that say "social butterfly" and wondering when I'll go have matching bows made, I couldn't help but feel a little icky. It isn't like I went out and spent $1000 but still....those thoughts were there. I mean my Brookie is in Cheerleading! I drive an SUV! There is more food in my fridge than I know what to do with. I have cable tv in my kitchen! The girls and I each got a new cd the other day b/c I felt like it. B had earned herself the new kids bop by staying in her bed for 6 nights. Ash saw a veggie tales cd and I wanted the new Lily Allen. This is starting to feel like a confessional. I guess my point is, all the talk about the economy has not really affected me. I think it is depressing and overall I don't feel affected. But, suddenly I do. The doom and gloom have got me thinking I should act, but I don't know where to start. I know I need a financial advisor to help me sort things out. All I know for sure is that as of now, we're fine. Of course I want $$ to do work on the house before it collapse. Of course I want to be debt free (school loans)- the list goes on. I guess I am confused. How did the country get this bad? Was it b/c people like us took out an "arm" loan? I mean, we did the right thing, we did a refi on it when the 3 years were up. It didn't help the value of the house vs the amount owed, but all we can do is continue to live there, fix it up and make our payments. I am fine with accepting it wasn't the smartest idea ever and living and loving that home, it is ours. I'd hate to think I was ever a part of the problem instead of the solution. People are so quick to judge. I don't want to be judged! That being said, all we can do is go up from here. As two degreed professionals, I hope Michael and I never have to worry where our next meal is going to come from. I think he knows I'd go get work in my field, doing the grave yard shift if it meant financial help and keeping the kids out childcare, an expense I hope I never have- as I have enough expenses!
Must stop RAMBLING now.
Happy Saturday!






