Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brookisms

"Mommy, ouch, why do you have hair on you?"
Me, "Um, first of all I shave every other day"
B, "Well all it does it hurt people"

B, "Mommy, my throat hurts"
me, "What's wrong sugar plum?"
B, "It feels like a crab is in the back of my throat pinching it"
Me, thinks to self, 'that must hurt like hell', panics, maybe it is strept. No calm down, she always complains after a long, tiring day.
Me, "I think you'll be ok, but you can sleep in Mommy's room tonight"

B, "I drew Brock a donut on orange paper b/c he says "donut" a lot and orange is his favorite color"
Me, not awake yet, "Good morning honey, now what about an orange donut"
B, repeats herself.
Me, panics, is it too early to teach her the dangers of boys? Is is too early to have the sex ed talk, where I take her to inner city schools to meet hardened teen girls w/ babies?
Later that morning.
B, "Mommy! There he is!"
Me, "Ok, lets walk over there and give him the picture"
B, "No! NO!"
Me, "Why not, don't be scared! Lets do this!"
B, "No, nevermind"
Me, "well, what are you going to do? when are you going to give it to him? You want me to give it to his Mommy?"
B, overwhelmed, panicking, "I don't know. Maybe. No."
Me, "I'm just going to do it. You can stay here. Is that ok?"
B, "I I I guess"
Me to little boy's Mother. "Here, Brookelyn drew this. She said he talks about donuts and likes the color orange"
Mother, "Oh my gosh. That is so sweet! Ya, he does talk about donuts."

Is this her first crush? She can't be boy crazy yet!