Saturday, December 20, 2008









Yes, we make cookies. No, not from the tube, but from scratch. Go ahead, be impressed. I'll wait.
The days are rushing in to nights and then morning all over again! Is life supposed to be this busy? Not my life. But- then I complain when there isn't more going on. I accuse it of being like 'groundhog day'. And now, so not groundhogish. Totally spun up.
On Friday, my favorite day of the week, I got the girls out to do some shopping. I didn't want to come home until I was completely finished. Mistake number 1! Making unrealistic goals! I also was hoping they'd act normal while out. Yep, mistake number 2. My beautiful daughters are good girls, yes, but normal, not so much, especially the little one. When the little one goes bizzerk, we all do. It is a psycho cycle and no one is safe.
For example.....
We get to one store, Ashlee insists are pushing the cart, instead of sitting in it, fine. whatever. Then, B wants to push it too. So I casually walk away, just far enough, keep them in view but disconnect from the situation.WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. MELTDOWN.
Me, "Lets go, this isn't worth it"
B, "The cart mommy"
Me, "Nothing is in it and yall are acting naughty, so Mommy doesn't care about the cart"
We get in the car. A is crying. B is whining.
Me, "what is wrong w/ yall? are you hungry? I said I'd feed yall once we got to the mall, I just needed to make a couple of stops"
B, "Well, is there a play place at the mall?"
Me, "Yes, but I don't know if we are going. I think I need to forget about shopping and we should all go home"
B, "NOOOO"
Then, a guy approaches my car window, that's right, some random dude. So I scream, scramble for the lock the door and throw the honda in to reverse and skid out of there. I think he was just trying to pass out fliers and I think he even had a church tshirt on. I DON'T CARE IF HE WAS WORKING FOR THE POPE-- you don't ever approach a woman who is alone or alone w/ her children in the parking lot of anywhere. JERK! Idiot. Moron. I mean I'm about as distracted as they come. I always have 89 things going on and then keeping up w/ my 2 girls, my purse, my bags, etc.. forget it... I am a walking target. So, I might have overreacted to the man who approached my window, but I think this is why I don't own a gun. I seriously think I'd shoot someone for scaring the piss out of me.
So, on to B&N, for books duh, but gifts hopefully. The girls were relatively patient until the little one takes off down an isle, prompting the big one to chase her. A worker looked at A and said, "you look like trouble!" Normally I might be offended but there I was ignoring the whole thing. Go ahead run around like banchees, rearrange the books, I'm quite sure it is the only way I can get any shopping done. And I do. Part of the time w/ a 26 lb toddler on my hip and part of the time them playing the where is ashlee game, where ash ignores us when we call for her. you know, fun times. Oh and then my favorite part when she threw herself on the ground and refused to get up in front of the information station where the girl who called her trouble works. Man, some day that sweet, young worker girl will know exactly what I'm going through. She'll know, what a good mom I am, just that kids, are humans too. I mean it's not like they were flipping me off and saying 'this sux a#% mom'. They were being 2 and 5.
I began to think that maybe their blood sugar was dropping. I suddenly remember their breakfast wasn't much of a meal at all. So, we get to the mall, hit Ck fila and just like that, they start acting like angels. It was awesome. Ash stayed in the stroller, B only complained a little about all of the walking and at the end of the shopping trip, I got them a cookie, an icee to share and hit the play area, where I dreamt about a lobotomy. It was after 1pm and I couldn't wait to get home, cuddle up w/ baby girl, let her nap and watch some CNN or TLC. I know, I'm such a nerd.
*****************************************
The other day.............
Brookelyn- "So we made pictures for Jesus's birthday, tomorrow is his party"
Me- "Cool! What did you draw?"
B- "A flag"
Me- "hmmm that is pretty neat. I bet Jesus loves flags"
B- "Yea- and I put a teddy bear on it, you know, because he is a baby."
Me- "Yes, that's right little baby Jesus and I bet he would love a teddy bear flag"
You gotta love a 5 year olds mind!!