
Brookelyn hearts Santa, but Ashlee, not so much. Not seen here, she is on the floor having a meltdown and Miss B is as happy as bumble bee, completely oblivious to her sister's nervous breakdown and future PTSD I've given her by exposing her to Santa, yet again.
I'm @ work so my access to Christmas photos are limitted but I had this one on my desktop here.
Christmas in a nutshell- busy but fun. I'd love to re-live Xmas morning b/c hearing our girls squeal in delight was almost too euphoric for me. I know I know, us parents get caught up in the commercialism of Christmas. What is baby Jesus in a manger if he isn't a reason to spend like mad? You know, if we didn't have at least one day to "spoil" our children, it would just be a different day. Plus, I do still try to explain Christmas and B is at an age that she is understanding a little better. The truth be told, the shopping is a side note for me. I've never been an avid shopper. I've never LOVED shopping. I do however, Love to craft w/ the kids, doing our special traditions and making new ones. I love the simplicity of a 3 dollar ornament and watching them hang it on the tree and say "Look Mommy, I did it!". I love making cookies, reading Christmas books, stopping slow to look at Christmas lights and hearing them both squeal! So see, the commercialism really is a side note for me. Of course I enjoy giving! That for me is the best part. I'm almost a social idiot when I am receiving a gift. And I can't believe how many awesome things were given to ME this year- complete set of new corelle dishes, beautiful hand painted chair, gwen stefani l.a.m.b perfume- yay to all of it!
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised another year has come and gone. I swear we were just in Houston celebrating Christmas 07. What the freak happened to 08? Yes, an end of year review is coming, if you were doubled over in excitement hoping for one.
Every year I consider myself more blessed, not lucky. Luck is something that happens to lottery winners right before they get a bunch of money and then blow it. I didn't stumble here by chance. I was placed here.
Last night I was mopping (yes again, almost daily), then I hand wiped w/ sani wipes areas the mop didn't get, then I polished w/ mop and pledge stuff for tiles. I remember thinking "ugh, I live in this kitchen and this floor is out to kill me, why did this house come w/ white tile, that is so stupid! I seriously have mop no less than every other day to keep it clean. And then I thought, well thankfully I have a house that needs mopping and I'm so glad I have kids that mess it for me, almost hourly. I'm glad I have Michael who comes w/ dirty shoes. Every night he makes it home from work is another gift. I should be so "lucky", so blessed, that he makes it home safely and is able to track in dirt for me to wipe up. I love how hard I have to dig my nails in to the tile grout to get out egg that ashlee dropped 4 days ago. As I'm down there on my hands and knees w/ a wipe and my dirty nails and my cracked hands, I remember thinking, 'thank you God for my two beautiful, healthy children, this may not be the most glorious part of my day but if it takes me scraping out egg to thank you for my life, I'll gladly do this every morning and night'
I don't get spiritual around the holidays. I stay hopeful and blessed. Soooooooooo -Don't stand there watchin me, follow me.
hahahaha
I knew I'd find a way to sneak in that Britney Spears lyric.
Oh and yes, Britney or Bust March 31st (me, Becca and Kristyn- can't wait)






