So, tonight- happened! Kelli helped me hang the words in A's room, by help, I mean she did it for me :). It says - How Long Do You Want to be Loved? Is Forever Enough? I stole it from a Dixie Chick song, then she designed it- font, color, size using her Uppercase Living business. I'll take a pic soon. The first time I ever heard the song "Lullaby" by Dixie Chicks, I cried, like the ugly, uncontrollable cry. I have written some pretty poems for my girls, but oh my gosh, this song seemed to sum all of my emotions about my children!Earlier today........
Brookelyn in backseat, whispering something and I say "Huh?!"
B, "I wasn't talking to you"
Me, "Who the heck were you talking to?"
B, "My wood chip"
Me, "okey dokey" and thinks silently, please lord, don't let the wood chip talk back, shes just too young for anti psychotic meds.
The wood chip mind you is her 2nd "treasure" this week that she has found at the school playground. She seems to really believe pirates are leaving them for her.
Michael plays along so well that he found some old curtain rod rings I was TRYING to throw away and wouldn't ya know, to this day, no one will let me throw away the pirate earrings!
Also, anytime something is out of place, B says, "well maybe the pirate ghost did it". That is about the time I shoot Michael a glare as if to say, "this is your fault, imagination is one thing, her believing in ghosts, excuse me, PIRATE GHOSTS is completely corrupt." So much for values in my household.
The other day, a Michael story.
He was driving and I got scared but I didn't gasp b/c I know that ticks him off. Instead I just hang on to the handle above my window. Here is his response.
He was driving and I got scared but I didn't gasp b/c I know that ticks him off. Instead I just hang on to the handle above my window. Here is his response.
"Please hang on tight and wait for your oxygen mask to drop".
smart a$%.
The girls are about to spend 2 nights w/ their grandparents in Dallas. I am working extra hours and also doing a girl thing Friday night, but why do I feel like a baby being away from my babies? They are the favorite parts of my day! I have come to love it when A wakes up in the middle of the night and I have to bring her to bed w/ me. She nestles in and we sleep in total peace. I am usually awakened by my early bird Miss B who kisses me before saying hi. Such sweetness!
I'm growing. I said I would and I meant it. I need to work and it is a time well spent, working on a crisis line, I get paid to be a good Samaritan. As far as the girl thing on Friday, wine and friends, YES!!
Good night, not sure when I'll get an opportunity to blog, it may be a few days.........






