Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nothing Specific

"Look at these stupid piggy tails my mother put in my hair and then chased me all over the kitchen saying 'say cheeeese' and 'smile', maybe she didn't get the memo that I'm sick of primping and I'm sick of that crappy camera she has with her AT ALL TIMES. Someone please help my mom!"

So, as you can see I finally gathered enough hair on A's bald head to form pig tails last Saturday as we prepared to go to my cousin's 21st bday party. The dress she has on in the picture was Miss B's and I remember her wearing it on her 1st b'day. Its definitely a favorite!

I'm a little tired and I don't know why. Part of me wonders if it is because we have been busy non stop since moving back from Houston. I should be able to be busy and not be hit w/ a 2 week fatigue. I'm also sure 105 degree heat can't help. I go outside and find it hard to breathe- its like sticking my head in my oven and struggling for air! We still have about two months of heat left, maybe longer! I know I shouldn't be feeling this old. My children, husband, the heat, all of it has aged me. I'm going 2 solid and strong months of working out which should be helping me feel better and it was but now I'm just struggling. I push through a mediocre workout and then race home to get under the AC vent. I make lunch and put Ashlee down for a nap. When she wakes up we tend to run an errand. Yes, one errand and I'm finished. Getting the girls in and out of car seats at more than place while sweat is seeping in to my eyes isn't working. Anyway, like I've said in previous blogs, Ashlee acts CRAZY in public. So many strangers compliment me on how adorable they are and I just want to say, "Ya, but this little one is TROUBLE!"

And now -- a conversation from tonight....

B says, "Mommy, you will not believe what Ashlee did! I was getting a straw and she shut the door on me and almost trapped me, so I smacked her little face two times!"

Me (in shock), "What? You smacked her face? Like on her head or cheek?"

B, "Yes, her face, two times"
A, "Aiy"- which means yes in her language

Me, "Um, I can't believe you hit her. We don't hit in this house and if she does something naughty, I will deal with it. Show me how you did it on that pillow"

B, "ok, like this (and she reaches her hand way back and smacks the crap out of the pillow)"

Me (still in shock), "That is awful!"
B, "She liked it"
Me, "No she did not! (the shock is starting to wear off) I better not catch you even thinking about raising your hand to her!"

You see, Brookelyn is a good girl, she just gets pissed off at her little sister from time to time. She is such a good girl that she tattles on herself. She doesn't lie or make up stuff but then when stuff like this happens, I don't know what to do. Its after the fact. I did hear Ash crying but didn't think anything of it. She stopped by the time I made it downstairs. Its hard to punish her when I didn't catch her and shes just offering up info like this. I tried to be stern with her about it. The part that gets me is where she says, "she liked it!". Um, did she have a lobotomy recently? On what earth does she think people like to be smacked in the face!? What parents have been raising her to think its okay to hit and not only is it okay, but people like it!?

To end the evening, the girls and I laid and watched the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana concert that was on Disney which I recorded. We loved it!!

B, "