I haven't blogged in what feels like forever. I feel like I'm cramming a lot of activities in to our days, knowing it will all come to a screeching halt when the girls are in their Mommys Day Out programs. Our routine will completely change!
Its 11pm (almost) and this is super late for me. I'll be paying for this in the morning. I got to chat with a friend I don't get to talk to much, and well, you know how girls like to chat it up! Then I talked to my dad and he is as bad as a girl the way he can chat it up too.
I am trying to organize thoughts for a real update real soon, sort of the end of summer review!
My favorite things in no particular order:
1. sneaking into B's room to see her and her sis bopping around to music on the cd player, its awesome, they play together, quietly, in another room, and I can leave them alone and go catch up on my latest murder mystery show, i.e., Dateline, 48 hours
2. morning coffee and phone calls- I couldn't start my morning w/o either
3. finding gratification in the fact I haven't killed the Myrtle that first lived w/ my mom and dad and then w/ my parents (aunt/uncle) in Arlington for 17 years and now in my front yard. Its just a dang Myrtle, but I'm so proud of it.
4. Girl time! Its what I missed most while in isolation in Houston, and now that I'm home, I have to detox from Houston and indulge in girlie time. I do without a doubt have the best friends in the world. There are no fronts, no one is trying to compete, no one cares what you look like w/o make up or if you gain weight, its really unconditional love!
5. Kristyn, shes my sister, but shes also like my soul sista. We are different in so many ways but the truth is, she is comparable to air, I just couldn't do this life without my sidekick!
6. When michael kisses my hand half asleep and says 'i love you' in bed, it melts me
7. Walking in and seeing art pieces all over the living room, glitter glue, sparkly stuff, stickers, crayons..........and not caring.......it gets cleaned up when everyone is finished having fun and me freaking out about glitter in the carpet is wasted energy! Hello- vacuum?!
8. I like how Griffin comes to bed and just stares at us until he gets his salmon hairball remedy and a treat from his jar. He really is a little prince.
9. clean sheets- how anyone goes longer than a week on sheets is a mystery to me.....I go less if I can
10. evening rituals- none of it feels like a chore or a hassle and then when it is time for me time, I just curl up on the bed for a little fox news, turn on the window AC unit, turn off my phones and laptop, and wait patiently for Michael to crawl in bed too and tell me I'm morbid for keeping up w/ all of the morbid news. Well, it could be an obsession, but you have to consider that it on some level keeps me humble. Ya know.
I know, I probably missed a bunch of stuff on this list, it was random and last minute. I mean lets not forget family, bffs in other places, sushi, working out, tanning, waterparks, taking pictures, etc... but all of THAT is predictable things I like that most people already know.
Time to curl up w/ my pooh bear and my monkey that has on silk boxers (not michael) its really a stuffed monkey I got from Michael one valentines. I remember thinking at that time, "really, a stuffed animal, am I five years old?" but then I thought it was cute, as long as he doesn't get me anymore! Its only a king size bed.






