Thursday, May 29, 2008

Zeus, Is That You?

I have the most awesome news I think I've ever reported. After 25 years of wanting an experience, I'm going to get it. Yes 25 years. I fell in love with Madonna's music at age 4 and 5. My mother got the records and I was hooked FOR LIFE. Well my envious peeps...Kristyn and I are SEEING MADONNA LIVE IN HOUSTON NOV. 16 2008. Okay, not only are we seeing her, but we got FLOOR SEATS. We dead center and should be able to see her sweat. Back in Jr. High I told myself there is no way I'd ever get to see her in concert. I figured by the time I could afford it she would be in a nursing home. I figured I'd never beat the 3 min. sale out time limit. However, K and I found a loop hole and was able to buy tickets before they went on sale due to a certain credit card Michael has been a carrier of since the 90s. Its not one we use and we did not have to use it for this purchase. It was one of those strange things that happen when you least expect it, you know-- stars aligning just right. K and I were in shock, then we were totally high. We kept saying, "WE ARE SEEING MADONNA IN NOVEMBER!" We wanted to call everyone, we were bouncing off the walls like teenagers, we kept exclaiming about the cute clothes we'd buy, the great hotel we'll get, etc..
Then she reminded me, "Hey, your going to two great concerts -- remember Celine Dion w/ Becca in Jan?"
I start cracking up! "Oh ya, this is MY year!! I'm super high now!"
I'm really the most excited I think I've in a long time. It started with a text message from her this morning asking me if I'd be interested in going and that tickets go on sale Sat. I had responded with, "yes, of course, but she sells out fast and is probably too pricey".
Ha! Little did I know Zeus and the rest of the gods wanted us there so badly! I'm bummed about it being in Houston but I'd drive all the way down to Mexico if I had to. I guess its an excuse to listen to five hours of Madonna music all the way there and five more hours all the way home.