Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Its Your Fort Worth Update

FAQs
So, how was the move? You mean the 6 week ordeal starting with PODS in my Houston house's driveway.......the move sucked........ think of your last move and how much you enjoyed it.......then think of me doing it from Houston to Fort Worth and staying with family for six weeks in between. It was a blast-------sleeping on a double bed with a giant and two kids. :)

All moved in? All of my belongings are here at the property site, but I am hardly "all moved in"

Hows the unpacking coming? What unpacking! You mean my box a day rule? Its great and in between I catch up on my reality shows.

Is Michael enjoying his new job? Yes, he wears jeans and is surrounded by other computer nerds.

Are you just super excited to be back in YOUR house? Duh.

For starters I'd like to say, I am extremely and totally happy to be back where my heart is most content. I have friends and family surrounding me. However, its been a bit of adjustment, after being on house arrest for a year. I'm invited to so much and stuff is always going on and its hard on me to come back out of my shell. How do I remove the shackles? I guess bit by bit. I learned to be so quiet for a year -- and now I'm back to the loudness! I learned to find happiness in tiny, itty, bitty pleasures that each day can bring, i.e. blowing bubbles on the back porch or walking the mall. I didn't do much shopping in Houston b/c I have learned that shopping is a temporary high, so I try not to do much of it. However, now I find myself needing and wanting things for the house and I am trying to show restraint. Michael can vouch for this. I recently put back a couple of home items recently when we were out shopping. I want to relish in THIS moment of having us healthy, happy, and in our home (despite the condition of the home).
Michael got me new appliances for the kitchen, something I have only dreamt about for many years! I can't believe he was so cool about it. My eyes lit up like a little girl getting a new barbie! or the barbie corvette! Then a few days later, I felt bad. I felt selflish and thinking, "was this a need?" I think so, but people in starving countries would have said my 1987 oven could still cook. They'd nail me to stake for being so greedy instead of sending bags of rice their way. Is it greed or is it something we deserve. Have we paid enough dues to society to have earned new appliances?
In other news, I just wrapped up my second semester at Dallas Baptist Univ. in the Master's program. I received two A's! All the chaos of packing and moving and I still pulled off two A's. Don't ask me how b/c I have no idea. I could have written better papers. I could have studied more. The A's have given me a newfound hope and determination to continue on with the massively expensive program. My goal and hope is to be finished by the time Ashlee starts kindergarten. She will be 2 in November and so it may sound far away, but it is really not. If I hit any road blocks, I figure I have time to hit them between now and then and can work it out. I really don't want to take more than 2 classes at a time but I think I could probably handle 3, I'm just fearful.
We have also re-joined a gym .5 miles from the house. We have both fallen off the wagon since we got rid of our treadmill when we moved and sort of ate like crap while living with fam. Now that I am back on the wagon, I go full throttle-- I read my books about diet and exercise, I make smarter food choices etc.. My goal? To just feel better and maybe get rid of the this weight that moving put on me. It was just enough for me to get mad at myself! My long term goals usually just include feeling better psychologically and physically. I am too young to be having knee issues. I also have a family history of mental illness and exercising is a natural endorphin release. I am all about keeping the nasty moods away from me. I deserve happiness and and I will attack it any way I can get it. Lucky for me I have always, always enjoyed working out, as far back as junior high I remember enjoying working out (when we conditioned for sports). Oprah always says on her show that she hates working out but does it anyway. I can't imagine doing it but hating it. I do give credit to Britney Spears, Madonna, and Gwen Stefani for getting me through my cardio!
This blog would not be complete w/o something a little funny.
The other morning at 3am I got up to pee and laid back down w/ racing thoughts and heard a crick in my neck. I thought maybe the crick was the sound of spinal fluid leaking out in to my brain. I suddenly imagined writing emails about having a terrible cancer. Ok, so this is not very funny after all. My point is-- what normal person gets up to pee and then five minutes later thinks her spine is leaking fluid and starts planning depressing emails? This goes to show we are not capable of thinking at 3 am. Another 3 a.m like that and Michael will be driving me to the county hospital and checking me in to the psyche unit.