
Ah, home sweet home. The above picture was actually taken in 2003, those two trees on the left are completely dead and creepy (Hurry bro-in-law and chop em down!!). Anyhoo, things are coming along slowly. I think my excitement about the November concert is causing me to work a little harder on the house. I forgot to eat dinner tonight! So, when Mikey got home, we went out.
Today was day 4 at the new gym, which I really, really love. I feel so at home there. Today, the girls got the child center and babysitter to themselves. Ashlee seemed to do better with the caregiver's undivided attention. What I was telling someone about what I love about the gym is that "real" people go there. I never see men on steroids or MILFS. No milfs, just MWMTs (moms with muffin tops)- yes, I made that up during a workout. In fact, I see a lot of pregnant women there. Michael likes it too, it doesn't have any congestion, lots of open room and open equipment. It feels good for both of us to be back in the saddle after giving away our treadmill in Houston. Anyway, I've always done better with a gym membership.
I want to tell you how I was awakened today. At 630 a.m. Miss B was an inch from my face whispering, "mommy, mommy, mommy, come look, I saw a strange animal out the window". I open my eyes (she had me at 'strange'). In my croaky, toad voice I say, "huh? what are you talking about?" She says, "Well it was black all over, had a funny head, a long winding tail, and walked like a dog". So, I crawl out of bed, reluctantly, but curious......and see nothing "out the window". So she described it again and said it was in our yard trying to eat grass. Ok, wtf. Is she making crap up to get me to wake up and make her some chocolate milk, because if so, shes either very intelligent, or very disturbed. I asked her if it was a rat, you know, because rats are always seen in broad daylight in people's front yards eating grass! I am not fully awake mind you. I asked if she was sure it wasn't a dog. She says, "No, it had a funny head and a long winding tail". I have come to the conclusion that she isn't that good of a liar in efforts to get my lazy arse out of bed, so it must have been an opossum she saw, I'm convinced of it.
Today Michael played 8 hours of golf in 100 degree heat. He is sun burned, sore, limping, and barely alive. He was almost useless to me at dinner when dealing with the kids. I feel no sympathy for him. He now has his feet up, a heinekin, and watching boxing. I have tried to explained that by Saturday, I too, am in need of respite. He wonders why I get so snippy with the girls, and him when they seem to memorize my buttons and when to push them to get the best reaction. I feel my brain chemistry fighting for its sanity, as if to say, "stay cool Candice, they will all shut up, just get the three babies their drinks and get them in bed, don't lose it, don't lose it, they aren't really morons, its just your emotions talking, we're pumping out the endorphins as fast as we can, don't blow don't blow!!" Ya, not fast enough, perhaps you've heard the saying from the 1960s "Valium: Mommy's Little Helper".






