Sunday, March 16, 2008

good friends

Today, I started thinking, about some of my really great friends. It sort of hit hours after I asked one simple, question, to one very, good friend : “Hey, I can’t remember, but did I tell you what I got on my Reagan paper?”
The good friend (Kelli): “Ya, a 98”

Hours later, out of no where, I thought- oh my gosh- I have been blessed with awesome friends. Some people go their whole lifetime without having one good friend and I have a few. I suddenly felt compelled to compile a list of traits that my friends have, and it’s sort of how you know you’ve hit the jackpot of friends.

*They text message you when a favorite show is about to be on
*They give the best gifts b/c they know you THAT well!
*They can tell if you are mad at your husband by the way you say “hello” when answering the phone
*They fly in from another state on a moments notice, for no reason
*They love your kids like their own, you know this by the way they hug them
*Even if you aren’t right, they tell you that you are. True friends are always on your side!
*They say their vagina hurts (pregnancy woes) and you rack your brain for a time maybe yours did too, just so you can say – “I know how you feel”
*You’ve seen their uterus in pictures from their c-section
*You talk daily, sometimes hourly, about everything and nothing
*You talk on occasion and it doesn’t matter, not a beat was missed
*They remember what you got on your Reagan paper!
*Even after all that talking, you still IM, text message, and use e-mail to communicate
*You call them to get the medicine doses
*They know about your quirks and still love ya
*They never say stupid things like “told ya so” or “what were you thinking?”
*They can tell you what Oprah is going to be about if you don’t beat them to it
*You swap recipes! Good friends always want to share the good ones!
*You drag them to your favorite restaurants and watch them eat every bite hoping they love it too, b/c it would be no use having a favorite if your friend didn’t like the food!
*You send and receive notes in the mail (yes, the regular mail)
*For everything you lack, they make up with their goodness
*You fight for the check at the restaurant, but it doesn’t matter, you can get the next one
*You show them your fresh from table c-sec scar because on some odd level you’re proud of it!
*Yes, as adults, you still go to the bathroom in pairs, sometimes trios- talking while peeing is just another form of multi-tasking for women
*They know how, when, where, why you conceived your children (oh yes, the good ones know EVERYTHING!- Sorry Michael!)
*They save you cookies or brownies when they bake them, its not even a question

*It isn’t unusual to get in the car while still on the house phone and then say “oops, I have to call you from the cell now!”
*When they are on vacation, you feel lost
*They call and check on you when you’re sick