I heart lazy days. Its rainy, gloomy, and chilly, so the best place for us is cuddled up under an electric blanket. Yesterday was an incredibly busy day. Brookelyn had "school" 9-2 and then her new Ballet class at 3:50-4:30. I ran a ton of errands, all the while, Miss A.M. wasn't having it. She did okay at Sam's Club a.k.a. Paradise. For the mass who may not know how much I love this place, let me elaborate. I know, Target is my Heaven, as it is for most women. It is our one stop shopping. But... SAM'S, well, my serotonin levels in my brain start sky rocketing upon entering. I think, "oh the two loaves of bread, the jumbo box of diapers, the 26 cans of slimslow, the liter bottles of Ozarka, giant ketch-up, a million chicken breasts, cheap clothes for the whole fam, books galore......" SENSORY OVERLOAD! It is very hard to leave that place spending less than 200. Please note, I am not an impulse shopper. I have a list. I will pick up a few items not on the list, but, believe me, it is stuff we need. OK OK, no one else needed the black, fleece jogging suit I got myself, or the shirt, or the long, black sweater. But-if Sam's didn't sell clothing, it is quite possible I would be naked, so you can thank me next time you see me. While shopping, an old man who looked sort of like Santa who worked at Sam's approached Ashlee and I (mainly Ashlee as if I was invisible).
Old man- "look at you precious angel, you little piece of heaven, thank you for being such a perfect, little being. Never forget how much that mommy of loves you more than anything in the world"
and on and on and on...I know, a little creepy since I'm not a huge fan of men in general, but I let this one slide only because he was an employee.
Overall, I guess it was sweet, that he was so moved, that merely looking at my infant basically sent him into a full religious experience. I know she is cute and all, but wow-- old people love babies.
Okay, in other news. I know I'm supposed to stay focused on my own life and those of my loved ones, but I am growing more and more disturbed over Britney Spears. People are saying she could be the next Anna Nicole which makes me sick to my stomach. I want her to get help so badly. I even said to Michael, "Michael, I'm getting really concerned and scared for Britney" and he said, "Yep, shes a mess".
I mean what is he supposed to say. I speak like I know her. I feel that since mental health is my calling, I am inclined to cheer for the underdog, and be driven to empathize, not judge. Even CNN anchors are giggling on t.v about the "britney train wreck". What is so funny? Grow up slutty journalists with big veneers, you are giggling about a person, in so much trouble I do hope its not too late. If that was my daughter, I'd camp out on her door step until she opened the door. I'd break laws if I had to, to get her attention. I have no idea what her parents have or have not done. However, if she does have Bipolar, it is showing itself at the prime time that it usually shows in ones life, early 20s. If you hear about a child having it, you should question it. I'm not saying its not possible, its just unlikely. Also, if you get to 35 and you haven't been diagnosed w/ Bipolar, you probably won't be ever. I'm excited to be turning 30 and not be Bipolar. I know I struggle w/ some anxiety, but I do believe it is prompted by certain situations and I manage just fine.
Hey, that little piece of heaven is about to rearrange the picture frames!! oiy- what happened to my lazy day, now they are just going crazy like cats in the cold weather!
New Project
12 years ago






