Correction: For those of you who have misplaced your brains, I haven't traded in my tori amos for bible thumping-- However-- a spiritual journey can be misunderstood and people assume that a church or bible is involved. This is only partially the case for me. I'm drawn to Joel Osteen, since the day Miss B was born and I was forced to be awake before noon and watch him on Sunday mornings. There I sat in my 2 bedroom apt, so cozy, and so completely happy. I thought, oh gosh, one of these preachers on t.v. trying to make enough $$$ for a home in Cabo. I kept waiting for him to put his hands on old ladies and watch them fall to the ground, fainting from the "anointing", b/c you just know that is so real, LOL- puleasssseeeee-- if some freaky pastor put his hand on my forehead expecting me to perform and fall the ground all sweaty and screaming, I think I'd go full throttle- I'd do cartwheels and start singing "Beat it" by Michael Jackson. However, then they'd call in an exorcism expert and things would get ugly from there. I'd have to explain that I love and appreciate all cultures and religions, then run as fast as I can before they start throwing holy water on me.
But, Joel, he doesn't roll like that. I don't care that he has become famous, I never saw that coming -- it sort of happened quite quickly though. I just like him for being a real person with easy to understand messages, stuff I can remember and live by easily. He is sort of like the lighter fluid on my spiritual journey-- the rest is in my hands and of course the divine source of it all. Watch out, I'm on fire.
"God never performs His greatest feats in your yesterdays"- Joel
He is basically saying not to settle where you are, keep reaching higher, and going further, dream big. He says that the scripture says we all have gifts and talents, but its up to us to tap into them. Um hello, I'm here doing it--amongst my other talents like the way I can shine a kitchen floor and leave beautiful vacuum marks on my carpet three times a day. No, but seriously, I do thank my MIL for getting me the new joel book. I love it- words to live by for sure. I hope these words of wisdom and guidance will push me to do better in my 2nd semester in my Master's program. I guess Michael is planning on me working when the girls are in school one day. hehe
Well, back to life, back to reality- I have a sick husband who is a big ol' baby. "feel my head Candice"
"How about I just give you some pills"
The mixture consists of - ibuprofen, astralagus pills, echinaeca pills, multi-vit, fish oil pill, pro-biotic pill, cold tabs that dissolve in a glass of water. I booted him out of the bedroom into the guest room until he feels better. No way do I want to catch that. Hey maybe people should start washing their hands after they pee at that job of his. jk
Good night
New Project
12 years ago






