Tuesday, November 22, 2011

happy Thanksgiving



This was today at Miss Ashlee Morgan's school feast. She was so excited last night, dancing and singing "I'M HAVING A FEAST TOMORROW!!!" As if she really eats anything. Lucky for her they had 10 different types of chips. I was in charge of bringing bologna and I asked her to try it. She said it tastes like a hot dog.

Super excited about Thanksgiving with the fam. Pics to come. Then can you believe Christmas is so close?! And who could forget Tori Amos in Dec as well!! I'm so excited. Stac and I got these tickets months ago. The 4 of us are going, like we did last time she was in town and I can not wait.

I've been working a little more trying to make holiday money. My MIL helped me out yesterday and the kids ate up their time w/ mimi. I came home to a hot meal and had a really good day in general. Work is a little escape from reality for me. I didn't have much down time but we hit a lull about 3pm and I was able to read some of my jennifer weiner book 'then came you'.

Happy Thanksgiving yall! (all 2 of yall LOL) I'm so thankful for so much. I'm grateful for all the obvious stuff- but I'm also thankful for things i've never understood - how I got to be certain places in life, someone elses daughter, sister, etc. We're born and we just have no idea where our lives will go. Holidays can be bittersweet w/o my mother but here recently I can feel her nudging me as if to say, 'you belong to them Candice, enjoy, and i love you'

And here is Miss B's Thankful list she typed up at school:
I am thankful for my lovely family.
I am thankful for living on earth.
I am thankful for my brother and sister.
I am thankful for my uncle and aunt.


We asked her which aunt and uncle and she said all of them! Then Michael asked about grandparents and she said she ran out of room!! She has the sweetest heart. My favorite is being thankful for living on earth. It is like saying she is thankful to simply be alive, to be able to breathe in and out everyday, see the sunrise, then set. She makes my heart swell with her wisdom. All children have it, we just have to listen.

And now for Anderson, still not walkin but I'm still not carin. I swear he said 'juicy' today when I asked him what his cup was. I about dropped that baby I was so shocked. he also says 'cacker' and a few other things. He has his daddy's ability to just sit and chill, so still so quiet. I think, 'what is that baby thinking about over there, all quiet in his pack n play with a book open' He flips through books and it is something funny to watch. He looks like an old little man sitting back reading a good novel.

Michael getting home before 5 is such a treat. I have dinner ready most nights by that time and we are amazed what all we can do now. And dinner at the table about 3 out of 5 nights which I love. You just can't duplicate that same type of quality time in front of the the tv but yes, the other nights that is where we all are.=- watching some Disney show- our favorite is Good Luck Charlie. I love that Mom and B said she reminds her of me. hehehee

Anxious to get some good sleep tonight, busy, busy day tomorrow :)
xo