We recently celebrated Brookelyn's 8th bday. See a few pics below. Thanks to my sweet cousin Lauren who works for corporate for a certain hotel, we got to get a great deal on a hotel close to home w/ indoor pool/spa. She could have had a big bash at the house but decided the hotel idea sounded more exciting. I don't blame her. At first I thought I might be insane. Stacey and I had 6 girls with us (2 of them being my Brookelyn and Ashlee). They were all bouncing off the walls. After a TON of swimming, pizza, cake- we took them up to the room, had them rinse off in a shower, get pjs on and thus the dancing in the dark to the disco ball commenced. Lots of kids bop and Victorious music. It was adorable. There was NO drama, no tears, no tattling. I'm still in shock over this. What a great group of girls. I'm proud of my girls and of course of the girls that came. One she knows from school- her bff Riley, but they knew each other from womb actually b/c Andrea was my best gal pal from college. It just so happens we both set up camp in this suburb and I purposely sent B to the school they feed in to :). Stac's girl has been friends w/ B since womb too but the past two years the girls have gotten pretty close, good playmates, again never any drama. The other two are girls she has grown up w/ in cheer and I have become friends w/ their moms (one of the moms is the cheer and hip hop coach). I feel a part of a community and more and more it feels like family. I love B's school and I love where the girls do cheer and hip hop.
I've derailed, braggin on these girls.......
After dancing, we put on the tv- I think Shrek was on and one by one they all nodded off. I just laid there again thinking - NO WAY IS THIS THIS EASY!!! I fell asleep and we all woke up around 730 and headed down for our hot breakfast. It was quite the feast and the perfect way to end a bday celebration. B was so full of smiles. I feel like she got to feel like a big girl, well, because she is one. It was kind of like a welcome to the tween years for her. Sure, I wish she could be baby Brookelyn forever but I just can't keep the girl from growing up. Shes a great daughter. Shes sweet and kind and I could go on and on.
We got her a guinea pig for her bday and sweet girl started balling. I said 'are those tears of joy?' She said yes and then I started tearing up. She had asked for a hamster but Michael convinced me a guinea pig would be a better pet. He is right. We all love little Mr Sniffles.
So 2 bdays down and 1 to go out of the 3 kids. Miss A.M's is coming up in Nov. So we've started our countdown. We are also getting excited about Halloween. yesterday I finished decorating for fall/Halloween. I took a few pics but haven't uploaded yet. I love it and I'm glad over the years I've added to fall decor collection. I pull out things that I've forgotten about like my black stuffed cat that says scaredy cat stitched on it. Luv him!
I'm grateful on many levels- mainly b/c I feel we are very humble and patient. I know I'm CONSTANTLY saying how thankful I am we are all healthy and that I get to spend so much time w/ the kids. And NOW, so does he! He is home before 5 now!! What a major positive change for this family. Dinners at the table, help w/ homework and overall more QT!! Things are going great for M at his job and hes happy - so we are all happy.
I still work as needed at my job. Its nice to pick and choose and to have a little play money coming in. Its a job that I can work more if I want/need to and over time may be able to do more at. it has the capacity to keep me busy if i want to, and there for a while I was! Now that things have slowed down and the weather has cooled off- I find myself coming out of a funk. Ugh, it started during the hot hot summer when I was cramming the work hours in.
Life is Good. No Complaints.
If I died tomorrow I'd want people to say they always enjoyed being in my company, that I brought positivity in to a room.
New Project
12 years ago






