The baby had his one year check up. He is almost 24 lbs, and in 75th% in height and weight.
Aside from baby's dr. check up and my hair appt, oh and cheer, it was a relatively calm, low key week. That is how I like em. Excitement free. I like dinner to be cooked and consumed by 5, kids in bath by 6, bedtime rituals begin at 730, lights out at 8. When did I become type A.....and a boring hermit? And since WHEN did being this way bring me so much joy. The old me required more lunch dates w/ gal pals (which is still important and ON my radar), old me required more money for a little mall action, old me wanted to go out to eat more, a lot more.....old me had another baby, and loves this world. I know I enjoy Anderson the way every mother should enjoy every baby. I have always enjoyed my babies but Anderson being the last one means I get down on the floor and play more. I almost encourage him to throw everything out of the laundry basket and toss magnets all over kitchen floor. I enjoy a slow life. I'm glad I have the girls schools, cheer, hip hop, and my little bit of work I do to give me a balance of busy and slow....otherwise I could die in my pjs in front of HGTV on loop.
One of my friends was saying how she used to look to future events for a reason to be excited and that she isn't like that anymore. I can safely say future events bring me anxiety. It could be something dumb like open house and I will be a little anxious until it comes and passes- even if it something I'm looking forward too, doesn't matter- anxiety. I don't like change. I don't like my routine rocked. I love structure, well my version of it.
I called my Granny this week. I think I should just call her for material for my blog. LOL. Due to my rapid speech, she always thinks I'm riled up about something. Could it be we don't speak that often and I had a lot to say. She must talk to slow whisperers all day. I bet when she talks to me, I'm so loud that it confirms to her she doesn't have a hearing problem after all. I'm probably the deaf one, otherwise why would I talk so loud?
I have learned to shut up and talk quietly since having children, hello, they gotta sleep. And now loud speakers annoy ME!!! SHHHH, be quiet, somewhere in my head is a Japanese garden, koi fish being fed and me falling asleep next to to a pebble creek. Shut up and don't screw up my zen in my head.
Whenever I'm in the presence of someone loud and/or annoying, I just go to the garden and suddenly their big loud face is a fish opening it's mouth silently asking for food. I'm scared one day I may toss a cheeto into said loud person's mouth, forgetting I'm not at an actual Japanese Garden. Oh, and I'm not feeding the Koi fish cheetos either. They get fish food. Clearly.
"Why did you just throw a cheeto in my mouth Candice?"
'Um, you looked hungry? I wanted to share'
Ashlee said "How come Sams baby brother walks but our baby brother doesn't?" Sam is her little friend at school. I think he has crush on her. They must discuss baby brothers a lot b/c I know what Sam's baby brother is up to everyday. The reason Anderson isn't walking is b/c he isn't interested. Plus, when not being carried by me, Daddy, Brookelyn and even occasionally by wobbly Ashlee, he is in baby jail or a bouncy thing. I have just recently let him start crawling all over downstairs. I blocked off the stairwell w/ the ottoman and I gated the kitchen, shut all doors and voila, baby can crawl all over and I don't worry. I'm not concerned about the walking. He JUST turned ONE. He still has a good few months before he needs to be doing that. The Dr certainly didn't care that Anderson doesn't seem interested in walking. Well, he does walk along the couch and now I just lost half of you in boring Mommy talk. I was just pointing out he isn't a total moron baby, he can walk along things, pull up etc. It would be nice if he could walk b/c he won't wrap his legs on my hip for very long, therefore I end up carrying him like a sack of potatoes under my arm. He must prefer it. Obviously.
The other morning, way before alarm was to go off, Brookelyn crawled in bed w/ us. I wasn't too glad about this, she knows better. Then she starts playing w/ the kitty and talking to it, so here I am in my sleep, going SHHHH, THEN the cat scratched my eyelid, it freaked me out I swung my hand and accidentally hit B in the face. She said "ouch Mommy you hit my face"
Well I'm so lovely when in the mornings, I didn't say sorry, all I said was, "Well you shouldn't be in my bed!!!"
I felt bad about it later and made it up with poptarts and choc milk and a fav cd on the way to school.
Brookelyn now eats many breakfasts at school, by choice. So that means she eats breakfast and lunch at school sometimes 5 days a week. While I'd like to say it is a drain on the financials, I think, it has got to balance out. The meals at school are so cheap and by not packing her lunch it just means what we have at home lasts longer. I can't stand packing lunches. I don't know why. I do all the cute stuff- cute shaped sandwiches, notes, etc.. but the overall task of packing lunches is almost a big enough pain I wish I could pay someone else do it. I over pack too. The teachers must look in Ashlees lunch and think 'yah right, who can eat this much' Its all prepackaged stuff too. One of everything.
I'm at work and interruptions one after the other, busier night than I expected- the upside to that is that the end of the shift comes faster when I stay busy.






