Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy 4 months!



Look who is 4 mo. old now? This big boy, that's who! He is such a bundle of joy and might I add, a total genius. He is starting to grab at things, follow stuff with his eyes, you know the total baby genius norm. He started eating rice cereal the day after Christmas. I just felt he was ready. He was and he loves it.

Well, Kristyn is half way through her pregnancy and having a GIRL. YAY, I'm sooooo excited. I've waited a long time for this and I couldn't be more excited. She is already a very loved little girl.

See, this why I don't blog. Two little paragraphs and I'm done. Is it just me or is the month of Jan. strictly for being in a funk? Post holidays? Cold weather? - only it hasn't been all that cold, ask me tomorrow when it is supposed to get frigid. Well, whatever the case, I lack luster. I've become an even bigger homebody. I didn't know that was possible. It probably didn't help that M and I were both sick over the new year, sore throat and crap. Maybe it is time to do some lists, impromptu of course.

New Years Resolutions?
1st if you know anything about me, you already know I don't believe in them. They set you up for failure. I don't know why but the whole idea is such a fib. But, here we go, in no order, off the top of my head.
* Get organized (does this really count, I'm already doing that and what happens if I complete this goal? Start watching soaps and eating twinkies?)
* workout, but more -- it isn't that I lack motivation here, I'm just bad at time management and a lot goes in to dragging 3 kids all over town and fitting in a workout, which is an excuse, I know. I could do better.

The End.

Look, I'm not going to set myself up for failure. I have never been good at resolutions. They are total crap. I hate making goals. Furthermore, I hate talking about my goals. I look with skepticism at people who talk all the time about goals. Shut up w/ the talking and just show us already. Also, I don't know what my goals would be right now, if I had them. Ya know? Do I go to nursing school and pursue the degree I should have always gotten? Probably not. Do I get part time work in my field, break up the monotony of my life? Nah. No need to complicate my life. I know how lucky I am to not have to work. It isn't easy all the time on us and someday I know I will work. God help me if I am still sorting laundry in the middle of the day and no kids to distract me. I'll go insane. So even though life can be boring at times, I am thankful I get to just sit and stare at this sweet baby boy with no real agenda at hand. I've found myself online less, reading more. I don't mind getting in the pick up line too early so I can read a little more. There is probably nothing wrong with lacking goals. Life gets so tiring making carefully planned plans, and checking off the boxes. So I just live life, for once there is no major event in the works. I'm going to enjoy watching Kristyn and Jessica have their babies this year. I'm going to share in Kristyn's joy when they move in to their new house. Other people's boxes.
Okay, it's my cue to get off the computer when baby starts eating his fist. Does he really believe he is starving? Do babies not remember they ate a few hours ago?