Sweet baby Anderson Michael was born Sept 3rd, 7 lb 13 oz and 21.5 in. I'm in love and realize why even those of us who dislike (hate) being pregnant, do it more than once. There are just no words to describe the incredible love for another child.
I'm recovering from c-sec and virtually in no more pain. I basically feel fine. I probably shouldn't go running up and down my stairs but I don't think I'd do that under normal circumstances anyway!
He is an easy baby, good sleeper so far. I feel pretty rested. I don't mind waking up with him. I don't have to leave my bed, I have everything I need on my bedside table. After he eats, he falls right to sleep and so do I. It is hard to believe a little over a week ago I needed ambien to help me sleep. Now, I sleep because I need it. I couldn't be paid now to take ambien and miss out on caring for him. No, I don't ask Michael for help, I don't want it and never have with the newborns. Maybe this is where I'd be a good Amish woman-- barefoot, pregnant, caring for babies, baking cookies (if I have to cook, it is usually baking goodies).
I've been fighting tears all day knowing Michael is returning to work tomorrow. It is part hormones and part just me. It is the companionship during the day I will miss most. He is such a good daddy and we have all enjoyed having him home and to ourselves. He has been great to go on Dr P runs or candy runs. Yes for a few days I just wanted chocolate. In the hosp he ran to grocery store late evening to get a variety of candy to choose from and today he ran to gas station for Dr P and bottled water. I will miss bossing him around.
Well, this is about all I got for the time being. I'm sure I'll write more now since our little fam vacay at home is over. I need to write Anderson's birth story next time -- I had such anxiety which makes no sense, it was c-section number 3 but my panic was out of control the day and night before. Strange. I think going in for scheduled surgery is just scary anyway. I know I looked terrified the entire time. Then, when it was over, it was over and I felt relieved to know I will never have to do that again!






