Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Moron With a Side of Saturday





These are from a year ago! My how the babies have grown. Am I ever going to stop calling them babies? Nah.
Hope to get new pumpkin patch pics soon. Since funds are low, maybe one day after school I will take the girls and take some pics. There are several around here. I'm laying here on the couch with my feet on Michael and the window cracked. Griffin is sitting next to it, he loves the outdoor breeze. Gep was around but he's probably retreated up to the bed. The puppies are in the crate, sleeping quietly. They had a lot of outside play today. Oh, wait, I haven't mentioned pups on here. I instinctively picked them up on the land my sister lives on.OMIGOSH, anyone with the tiniest of hearts would have done the same. ok, just posted a pic and this blog never puts them where I want. strange. So anyway, I kept a logical view all week. I played nurse maid. I am a natural caregiver. I get that from my Grandma Ruth. Then of course the girls and M fell in love with the nerds. I had apprehension and anxiety. "what is Candice doing now". Even I know when I'm not all there. I know I am not always stable, normal, what have you......but I got the love part down. Then all of a sudden, mind you, two nights after two serious talks with Michael, a peace came over me. These pups are GOOD. It isn't like I throw them out back and forget about them. They sleep in their crate, chew on their bones, toys. They love going out back but love being in here w/ us. I am not cool w/ them running around but I look forward to them being trained enough to lay with us. Michael is a huge help so far. I know, it's only a week. I know they are going to be big. I know, more expenses (but there are places and ways to vaccinate/neuter on the cheap, and all I've got is time, I can do this). Even IF hypothetically speaking, we couldn't handle them in our family, I still have every intention of vaccinations/ and neutering. It would make it easy on another adoptive family and I would feel good about myself. hehe
Yah, so on to new topics
B is totally reading. She just looks and reads. It's amazing. Michael says he was reading and not challenged in Kindergarten and that in 1st grade the teachers were constantly trying to find harder material for him. Of course she got his brain. But, not to toot my own horn but I only struggled in math in school, everything else came very easily. I especially excelled in spelling and only recently feel like my brain is starting to forget how to spell. I'm smart too dang it! Yah, that is why he majored in Computer Science and I majored in Rehab Counseling. I spend my time at work watching "weeds" and giving people phone numbers to local rehabs and offering support to people who have loved ones w/ mental illness and or drug addiction and M spends his work day typing "//:k6/////??3edfg6:;' and it makes the computer do things. Gotta love the nerd work! Oh and he does it for fun too. Yep, I came home from work and there he was programming, for fun, some lengthy project he is in to. Bless his nerdy little heart. My idea of fun at home is watching reality t.v and surfing Etsy.com for cute bows and or outfits for my girls. Gosh, I'm so shallow, now that I put it like that!
So tonight, the girls are in Granbury at Riri's, horses, nature oh my! We went to eat Italian food. He wanted mex food but I won! Then we rented 'the proposal', watched it, loved it and here I am, just cold chillin.

Tomorrow I work 3-11. Mon. the usual which isn't much. Tue. cheer/tumble. Wed. looks like mon. except I work. Thurs. cannot forget B's teacher conference for end of 1st six weeks at 240. i forgot it last week! We also have tumble for B on Thursdays. Fri are like mondays. Sat. girls going to their mimi and papa's in dallas. We have a wedding to attend. My good friend Melissa is getting married. I've known Melissa since I was 19, met her right before my mom passed away. She's always been a good friend to me. It will be sweet to see her get married. I don't have to take off work b/c it is an evening wedding! The wedding is at a church near tcu and the reception is at a beautiful hotel in downtown Ft. Worth. I hope to have a lot of pics!

I'm tired. It wears me out to be this boring!