Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ambert Stew




Got this email from Amber and gave it a try today. She also said that on the 2nd night of eating it, it was even better!! I added the prices next to the ingredients. I shopped at Kroger for this.

okay....this is so easy.

one big can tomato sauce, 1.89
two cans of water (i used the can i used for tomato sauce)
frozen mixed vegetables 2.69
one yellow onion, chopped .53
one can of stewed tomatos .88
one regular sized potato, chopped .91
lean ground beef 6.22

total 13.12 for two nights of dinner!

cook it all together for an hour or two in that big stock pot we got. it was goooooooooooooood, CHEAP and easy. season to taste.
I tried a sneak peek in a small bowl a little bit ago and it was totally yummo!! I have it simmering until M gets home. It was better than I anticipated and perfect for a cloudy day!