Thursday, September 17, 2009

me plus blog equals obsession




Have I already used this pic in a blog? It is me, Jessica and Amy in New Braunsfels lasat month. All I see it ARM. MY arm. WTH.

I've struggled a little w/ some head crap and chest congestion, so I have slowed down a little. I can't slow down all the way or nothing gets done and LUCKILY I have not been full blown sick.

I know I say it all the time now but the days are flying by and my beloved down time has been drastically reduced. I don't mean down time like eat little debbies and watch soaps, more like........ time on the home, taking/uploading pics, and then like a slimfast and Oprah!
It seems like now the days are a blurry trail of forms from the girls schools, emails from the cheer/tumble company, filling in my calender, writing checks for the money grubbing schools LOL, oh yes fundraisers and all. sigh and ugh. People, I'm trying to be smart w/ my money why are you asking me for five bucks for a dang run a thon. I don't even understand marathons. Why do people run for causes? I get the donating part, but is there a reason for the running? I am all about donating too. I heart St. Judes, March of Dimes and on occasion the SPCA. Even in college I'd send my five dollar checks to March of Dimes. It was the least I could do for all those free address labels they kept sending. As for the SPCA, I'd like to do more and in time I am sure I will. However, if I have to see/hear that Sarah Mclaughlin song and watch sick animals commercial again, I'm going to write them. Yes, that is how bad a^& I am. I write. It is like the Sally Struthers and Ethiopia commercials. Hey Sally, kids in Fort Worth are starving too. Duh. The dying animals is a bit much. Please don't show me a flee infestion, starved puppy. That is ridiculous and inhumane. I believe in euthanizing before putting a hurting pup on tv. That is just me. Plus, I WILLINGLY watch "animal cops Houston" b/c well, I'm an idiot. I cringe, tear up, but I can't stop. If it is on, I'm watching b/c those animal cops are so hard core. I'm like "yeah! get em!". But that is very different than watching Americas Funniest Home Videos and then that crappy commercial playing that sad Sarah M song and my mood depletes. Somehow, I find myself guilty for all the laughing I was just doing. Then I lecture my cats, put them in front of the commercial and remind them where they'd be without me. Pampered Persian Kings who begin meowing for canned food before 7 a.m! LET A MOMMY GET HER COFFEE GOING FIRST GREEDY PIGS!
So anyway........
Back to me.
I just have to get over the fact that this is a busy time of year, yet my favorite time of the year, well approaching it anyway. I LOVE pumpkin patches, my girls bdays, cheer competitions, working and socializing at my job, so many things I love and so many reasons to be thankful. Just because I have to schedule a burp or sneeze or look at my calender before committing to ANYTHING.......doesn't mean I don't love every second of it. Oh and lets face it, since being dragged down w/ the congestion crap, I've gotten to eat trail mix and lay on the couch and watch Oprah. Yay.