Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Will Not Stalk



Got to get some blogging in while at work. My friend Tiff at work needed to switch shifts, so here I am, doing 3-11 on Sat. It is no biggie. So far, pretty quiet. However, it is Murphy's Law that as soon as I get on my cell to talk to a friend, the phone rings off the wall.
We had meet the teacher on Thursday evening. The pic above is from that evening. Miss B took the photo of Ashlee and I. I was impressed that Michael asked to get off early. Thank goodness for kind bosses right!? He knew this was important to B, so he delivered himself. B and her friend Riley are in the same class. For who do not know Riley, she is my friend Andrea's daughter, Andrea and I met in college and were fast friends. Sort of surreal to be standing in a Kindergarten room with Andrea, as we watch our girls exploring the room. It just doesn't seem that long ago that WE were in the TCC classrooms and then the UT Southwestern classrooms, getting our LEARN on! I like to think I am the only person who could get Andrea giggling like a school girl. Afterwards, Andrea and Nate had us over for chicken tacos. I brought cupcakes and Spongebob plates. LOL. Hey, I never said I was Martha Stewart.
I keep getting this lump in my chest over Brookelyn leaving me during the days M-F. What am I really "supposed" to feel about this. I have finally realized that we have children to prepare them for the world. However, my world, is my children, to loosen the umbilical chord just seems wrong, and foreign. It makes me sad. Maybe I have invested all of my life's heart aches in to my girls...especially Brookelyn! My first baby! Maybe all of the pain of being my mother's daughter and losing a mother got transcended in to love for this very, very special daughter of MINE. Then the miscarriages, and wondering if I would have biological children. Then the birth of my sweet angel! She carries so much on her little shoulders, ALL OF THIS LOVE. She really has no clue. I hope I never hurt her or damage her sweet spirit or bruise her innocence. I hope that when I do screw up as a parent, that she is forgiving. I am not perfect. I'm a perfect Candycane in Candyland but no way am I perfect anything else in the real world.
I am a little freaked out about what I am supposed to do w/ Ashlee now. LOL. That sounds bad. I mean, she has had big sis to entertain her literally from sun up to sun down. Will she learn to play alone and self entertain? I love to cuddle and do activities but a Momma can only do so much. Well, thank goodness for Spongebob and Elmo! They always come through for me when I am not up for the task of mothering.
I am pleased with how our last official day of summer went. It was yesterday and the girls and I went to Blockbuster and each picked out a movie. It is VERY hard for me to stop w/ the house work and just sit and watch what they want, but it was my goal. Miss B picked out an old Lindsay Lohan movie "Life Size" where Tyra Banks (a barbie doll) becomes alive. I loved it! B loved it! A watched it too! We ate pizza and then graham crackers smothered in cake icing. We got crumbs on the couch and the house only got messier. After her movie, I put in my movie, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and Ashlee went to nap and B watched mine w/ me! She kept saying "that girl is out of her mind". I LOVED THE MOVIE. Note to self, I want it on dvd, future Christmas or bday gift! It was so cute I could have easily watched it again.
I did not watch the last dvd w/ them. Ashlee had picked out "tom and jerry shiver me whiskers" and I just couldn't do it! LOL. I had enough couch time and I am not a fan of the cartoon stuff.
When M got home, he took us to Frijoles for dinner. As the day grew to an end, I got sad again, of course telling no one, showing nothing. Super moms just don't do that. hehe
It is all good though. It is time for a routine and summers always do end!

The Monday morning plan? Well I work Sunday 3-11, soooo it will suck waking up so early on Monday.
Set alarm for 6 a.m
Make breakfast! maybe french toast?
Get Miss B dolled up to perfection!
Take pics in front of house.
All of us take her to school around 730a.m
Take pics and more pics
And watch her walk away
Michael shove me in to my car, and remind me I'm not allowed to sit outside all day like a stalker.
Go home, watch clock until 220pm.